16

BEFORE

BEFORE

"Fuck..Mont can you not go one day without fighting" Maddy sighed whilst cleaning and patching up his bruised knuckles in his bathroom, his dad wasn't home so they didn't have to be wary or quiet.

Monty didn't say anything and just continued to look at floor so she continued "You can't just-you can't fight any boy who is nice to me he's one of my best friends you know this"

"I just- Monty breathed out, closing his eyes momentarily "I just don't understand what gives him the right to think its okay to give my fucking girlfriend gifts" he exclaimed furiously. 

The girl's breath hitched and she flinched slightly at the boy's abrupt rise in temper, swallowing thickly she attempted to remain composed and hide her shaking hands. She wasn't scared of him, she couldn't be scared of him she loved him. she loved him, she loved him, she loved him.

"He was just being friendly, it was a birthday gift" she meekly replied. He immediately stood up angrily causing her stumble slightly due to how close she was standing to him when he was sat down.

"I don't give a fuck Maddy you're mine" he stated grabbing her wrists and pushing her against the wall. She was breathing heavily, looking at her boyfriend with wide eyes when she all of a sudden could barely breathe at all. His whole hand was wrapped around her small neck, looking menacingly into her fearful eyes. Her toes were barely grazing the bathroom tiles from grip he had on her.

"You're mine Maddy I don't want you to ever forget it, no one will ever love you the way I love you" he patronised, punching the wall right beside her head. She grappled onto his arm and tried to tug his hand away from her neck which seemingly snapped him out of his daze, dropping his hand and stepping back in shock. She crumpled to the floor and choked on her breath, her face almost purple.

"I-oh my-Maddy" Monty stuttered staring at his girlfriend sadly and regretfully, he didn't mean to let his anger get the best of him. When he bent down to her level to grab her hand she scrambled away from him making his heart break. When she saw he wasn't going to get any closer she got to her feet running out of his bathroom, down the stairs and to the front door. He was running after her trying to get her to stop but she turned around and shook her head at him "I need time Mont and I need to go home" she rasped

Without hearing a reply she ran out to her car and slammed the door behind her before driving down the street as fast as she could before pulling over as she couldn't see from the blurriness of her tears pooling in her eyes. The brunette sat in silence for a few seconds before she started sobbing hysterically, slamming her hands onto the steering wheel. She couldn't go home right now and if she called Jess or Sheri they would just tell her 'i told you so' and she didn't need that right now she needed someone to listen so she called Hannah, forgetting about the fact she had a date Marcus.

Hannah was lying in bed after her humiliating and failed date with Marcus and when she seen Maddy's contact pop up she was suddenly enraged, was she in on this?

"What? here to gloat Maddy?" Hannah snapped when she picked up. 

"What are you talking about? Look can I come over I need to talk to you" Maddy whispered, trying to slow her breathing. 

Hannah however didn't care about what she had to say as she had convinced herself Maddy was apart of it due to who she was friends with and she couldn't believe someone could actually care for her "No you no what Maddy I'm not in the mood okay? talk to someone else if you need help so bad" she replied before hanging up.

Maddy looked at her phone perplexed, she had no idea what Hannah was even talking about but she didn't give herself time to think about it, she needed someone and so the next person she called was Jeff.

"Hey Mads" Jeff smiled over the phone however his face dropped when he heard her sniffles and her croaky voice

"Jeffy.." she whimpered