08

Maddy was standing outside Bryce's when she suddenly got blinded by the headlights from Monty's truck

Maddy was standing outside Bryce's when she suddenly got blinded by the headlights from Monty's truck. She quickly hopped in and gave him a peck on the cheek however she could tell something must've happened judging by how tense he was and he didn't melt into it like he usually did. Frowning she put her hand on his "Hey is everything okay?" she asked softly.

"I'm fine Maddy it was just my dad being a prick, I don't want to talk about it" he replied lowly trying not to let his anger get the best of him. She was quiet for a moment before speaking up again "Are you sure? You don't have to bottle up for feelings just talk-"

"Just shut the fuck up Maddy!" Monty suddenly yelled as he reached across and grabbed her face tightly with just one of his large hands, gripping so tight she felt as though her skin was blistering on both sides "I told you I don't want to fucking talk about it" he held her face harder making her whimper slightly. He snapped out of it once he felt her tears on his hand and his face dropped.

He quickly pulled his hand away before pulling her into his chest "I-I'm so sorry baby, you know I didn't mean it right? You just kept pushing it" he mumbled into her hair.

She didn't say anything for a few minutes she just continued shaking and crying until she finally whispered a small "you scared me mont."

He grabbed her chin gently between his fingers so he could inspect the damage on her face and he felt his stomach drop and tears prick at the corner of his eyes at the marks he left on her, you could clearly see it was his hand. 

"I want to go home Monty" she spoke a bit louder this time, moving out of his hold. He shook his head quickly, his lip quivering "Hey no, let's go to Monets for that hot chocolate you lov-"

"No Monty I want to go home" she replied, her hand barely grazed the door handle before he clicked the lock successfully stopping her from getting out which made her panic slightly.

He couldn't let that happen. He couldn't let her leave him. He loved her. He needed her. "No no no I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you know I didn't mean to I'd never really hurt you" he rushed out, tears falling freely now. Seeing him like this made her heart ache so she quickly brought him into her arms and he held onto her whilst crying. "I know you wouldn't, it's fine okay?" she mumbled but even she didn't know if she believed her own words.

He looked up at her smiling slightly "I love you okay? Don't ever leave me" to which she nodded and brought him into a small kiss.

***

The bell chiming as Monty and Maddy walked into Monets got the attention of Clay and Tony who were sitting at a table next to the window. Monty leaned down to whisper in her ear "Hey why don't you get a table and i'll get the drinks baby" to which she responded by a timid nod.

Clay looked over at her but suddenly frowned when he noticed the state the girl was in. Her hair was a matted mess and she had a clear hand indent across her cheeks, not to mention how puffy her eyes were as if she had been crying. He spoke lowly to Tony as to not alert anyone of what they were saying, especially Monty "What the fuck," he whispered before looking back at Tony who was staring at Maddy sorrowfully "do you see her face? it was fine a couple hours ago when I saw her."

"Yeah and I bet I know exactly who did it" Tony spat, glaring at Monty making Clay's eyes widen. "You think he did that?" he whispered, eyes flickering between Tony, Maddy and Monty. "Keep listening to the tapes, it'll all make sense" Tony replied, barely giving anything away.

Monty who walked over the booth Maddy was at noticed the two boys staring at her, he stated loudly hoping they'd hear him "Are those faggots bothering you babe?" which made your head snap up to give Monty a stern look. "What the fuck Monty no and don't call them that" she snapped whilst giving Clay and Tony an apologetic look. Tony gave her a nod in return but couldn't help but feel worried for the girl for snapping back at her boyfriend meanwhile Clay gave her a weak smile.

Monty slammed his hand down onto the table making her flinch which the two boys saw and were about to interfere until the noticed Montgomery had calmed down once he noticed his girlfriends reaction immediately making him feel guilty.

"Mads- baby, I'm sorry" he spoke whilst reaching over to grab her hand. She took a deep breath, nodded and gave him the best fake smile she could "Yeah I know, I love you" whilst bringing his hand up to give it a small peck bringing a huge smile to his face.

Clay scoffed "Un-fucking-believable" he murmured, rolling his eyes. Tony nodded his head in agreement and sighed sadly "yeah"