Firework show | 37

Many footsteps ran through the area, some slowly approaching the place Scaramouche had hid in. "Balladeer, show yourself!" A soldier from the Tenryou commission demanded while a few others followed behind, all holding a large spear before them, prepared to attack at any given moment.

"Ugh, all these pest's just keep coming AND COMING" Scaramouche exclaimed and in a fit of rage, jumping out from behind the large stone and ruthlessly attacking them to which he effortlessly defeated.

Scaramouche wanted to kill every single one of these bastards, but there was so many of them and he was specifically told to keep harming of the civilians to minium by the Tsarisa. Killing more would only just attract more attention, thus more annoying humans his way.

Oh how ferrous he was at the head of the Kamisato clan. If he could see him again, he'd make sure he'd be last thing he saw. Yet, at the same time, Scaramouche was hesitant. Ayato, who is the head of the clan and a close relative of yours, had mention bringing you to a hospital to help you.

A hospital to help you, the words repeated in Scaramouche's mind.

But maybe... that would be better?

Suddenly realizing that his mind was drifting off again, he slammed his fist into the stone wall and cursed. "FUCKING ASSHOLE!" Scaramouche shouted.

Even though it would save you, just the thought of another man possibly taking his place angered him more then imagined. Who did Ayato think he was just taking you away from him like that?

"I heard something! He's this way." A voice of another soldier said in the distance. "Shit," Scaramouche glanced to his side to see more annoying pest's approaching him before quickly getting away.

Scaramouche couldn't call upon or relay on any of his soldiers. He had already severed his ties with them ever since he had got the Gnosis. The Harbinger, Balladeer, was not going to hand the electro gnosis away to anyone now that he had it. Or should he say, his electro gnosis.

"He got away again," said a Tenryou commission soldier. "Don't worry, he couldn't have gotten too far," reassured another to which the rest agreed.

Scaramouche held his breath as he covered his mouth, and hid behind a small bush in the cave where he was chased into.

He felt pathetic, but he didn't have much of a choice. Every inch of his body yearned to bash all of their skulls into the rocky ground till they were bedridden for life, yet using almost ever ounce of his strength, he suppressed his gruesome desires.

However, despite Scaramouche was clearly holding back, the Tenryou commission wasn't.

They were persistent and stubborn. People like them wouldn't give up so easily. He knew that no matter what he did, they'll continue to go after him even if it costed their life. It was infuriating.

Just moments away before Scaramouche was nearly caught as the soldiers came closer to the bush, a loud explosion was heard outside of the cave, which immediately caught the attention of everyone. It sounded as if fireworks had been shot into the sky, but the sun was still out. It was unusual to light fireworks during the day where you couldn't even see it's glowing colours.

"What was that!?" One asked, quickly covering their ears from the continuously loud sounds of explosions. "It sounded like an explosion?" Another questioned, "no, it sounded like fireworks!" Someone else retorted.

When the explosion didn't come to an end, the soldiers grew suspicious and all left to investigate the sounds, which left Scaramouche finally free from their grasp. "At last, they're gone," he muttered, surprised but slightly relieved now knowing that he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of getting his hands dirty.

However, before Scaramouche could rest, footsteps different from the Tenryou commission came in. "Hello, hello? The Balladeer are you here? Scaramouche... purple hair boy?" A voice of a young girl called for him.

Scaramouche didn't recognize her voice, so stayed hidden as he peaked through the bush to see who it was.

He saw as someone walked into the cave and Scaramouche immediately knew who it was. The light orange hair, bright yellow eyes, and tied up hair. It was no doubt, Yoimiya. But why? He was confused to why she'd come here looking for him, and questioned if she was the cause of those explosions.

But, once he begin to observe more, Scaramouche noticed that she had someone carried in her arms. It wasn't until Yoimiya was fully in the cave that he realized who it was.

"Y/n?" he questioned, and without a second thought, came out of his hiding spot, rushing over.

Your arm dangled down from your body, eyes closed and had a dull expression. When Scaramouche noticed that, his pace slowed down as he got closer. "What the fuck..." he muttered, feeling his heart sink.

Yoimiya ran over while Scaramouche completely stopped in his tracks. "Y/n asked me to bring her to you," she paused for a moment, her grip tightening. "Please take care of her" Yoimiya requested before reluctantly handing you to Scaramouche.

She was wary of him, and his presence was intimating. However, seeing the reaction on his face, Yoimiya knew this was who you wanted to see.

"The Tenryou commission will be back soon, I'll keep them distracted... while you get away. You know, the firework show must go on!" She chuckled, but her voice cracked, almost breaking down. Yoimiya quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hand and grinned, "Goodbye Y/n" she mumbled, and your hand twitched.

Goodbye.

-
2 chapters left