Comfort | 11

Art credit: @carlo_zw (Twitter)

"Scaramouch—"

"What are you doing crying in a place like this?" he asked interrupting you with a rough yet gentle tone. You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out. You tightly gripped your Kimono in frustration, you weren't sure what to say.

He crouched down in front of you and held your face as he wiped your tears away with his thumb. But the tears kept on coming, "stop crying already" he demanded, but it didn't work. So he flicked your forehead.

He didn't like it when you were sad ".. Smile," He said as he leaned a bit forwards with his head down, and his hat now shading yours. Though he was looking to the side, you could see a slight blush covering his ears and cheeks. You giggled at his flushed face, smiling now as you were happy he was there.

He reminded you of the boy who gave you the hairpin.

You held onto his hand that covered your cheek, letting a warm smile of relieve. "Thank you for trying to comfort me.." you said before whipping your tears. he stayed silence to your response, retreating his arm as he blushed even more.

"Hey... Scaramouche would you mind to listen to me for a moment..?" You murmured with your head down. Was it alright if I told him? Will it be fine if he knew? Would he still stay if I told him?

He placed his hand under his chin, collecting himself as he tilted his head sidewards, "Oh?" He said with curiosity.

"Recently," you started hesitantly. "I've been slowly regaining my memories." You looked up to meet his gaze, that stayed silent as he listen to yours. "Expect, all the memories are fuzzy, but they all had something in common, a nostalgic feeling."

You paused in wait for his response. But instead, he gave you a soft smile. "Pfft, You are an odd one, aren't you."  His gaze was coated with sorrow, yet his smile was— "Hey! I'm not odd" you pouted, he let out a laugh, "regaining your memories is a good thing. I'm sure it'll be fine.. " he reassured you.

Though his words may have been sugar coated, it gave you a sense of relief, like a weight upon your shoulders had been lifted.  You fell into his chest after your body relaxed.

"What the hell a—" he noticed that you had fallen asleep on him. "Since when did I give you the right to sleep on me?!" He said irritated, trying to push you off but the arms around his waist wouldn't budge. He let out a 'tsk' and picked you up in a bridal style, placing you onto the bed.

He dusted off the pillow before laying your head on it. "Next time get some sleep," he said before placing his hand over your forehead as he sat down. The 2 fox masked laid below your feet, causing Scaramouche to catch notice of it. Grabbing the fox, he had notice something. "You held onto this junk the whole time didn't you" he mumbled as he glanced at you.

"It'll cause trouble for me." he muttered, despite he was the one who wouldn't let go, he knew the outcome if he stayed. But even so, could he act as himself, just this one time?

The sun had fully rise, and the wind slightly blowing the curtains. He placed the fox mask over your face, and as the sun peaked through your window, he kissed your cheek.

'You're the one who gave me the hairpin, Isn't that right Kunikuzushi?'

Sorry if this part is too short,
I will continue writing longer chapters soon after I round up my
ideas for the story!

𒊹︎Thank you so much for your support and 3k reads,
I very much appreciate it!
I also really enjoy reading your comments
whenever I get back from school,
and I always make sure
to read all of them. >:)