Forgotten | 15

As the hours past, you unconsciously spelt on the ground. Once in a while rolling around, but it soon grew to be uncomfortable causing you to wake up. You slowly opened your eyes to see that it was dark, rubbing your eyes as you sat up,

You noticed a glimpse of light coming out from underneath the door, and quiet chatters not too far. "I'm worried for [name]. It's way past sun down now. Perhaps we should go look for her now?" Paimon voice muttered as you got closer to the door, "yeah" The traveler spoke.

"What are you guys talking about?" You peeked out from the bedroom door, "AHH!" Paimon and Traveler jolted back,

"[name]?!!"

"Hm?" You asked looking at their shocked face with a bright smile. "Since when did you get back??" The traveler asked. You tilted your head a bit to the side, "a while ago?" You responded. "A while ago?! Then why didn't you say anything" Paimon stomped on the air with her tiny hands in fists.

"How did you get in? The door was locked and you haven't rung or knocked on the it?" The traveler asked.

You hesitated on your response, unable to recall the answer, "I forgot" you laughed nervously well rubbing the back of your head. "What do you mean you forgot?" Paimon asked suspiciously.

She sighed, "by the time you recover all your memories, your just gonna forget it all again!" Paimon said, placing her hands on her hips.

For a moment you stood there silently, a bit confused. "Recover my memories?" You asked before placing your finger under your chin "what are you talking about?"

"W—"

"[name], is everything alright?" The traveler asked interrupting Paimon. They placed their hand over your forehead, "you seem to be fine... Did something happen well you were out?" They asked, releasing their hand from your forehead.

You didn't respond, 'did something happen today' you repeated the question to yourself. A familiar blurry face that lingered in your mind was the first thought that came to mind. But, you were unable to identify the anonymous person, "..no" you replied hesitantly.

"But, maybe I did lose some memory... " you agreed, "but other then some memories of this week, the rest are almost fine" you reassured the traveler, but it seemed to make them more worried. "So you telling us... you remembered your past and all?" Paimon asked.

"Yes?" You replied confusingly.

"I remember my childhood, parents, Inazuma, and many more.. is there something wrong with it?" You counted on your fingers. Paimon looked at The traveler with doubts of the information Thoma had provided them about you. Perhaps he was mistaken, they thought. But that didn't make sense. "[name] how come you can't remember this week?" The traveler asked.

"Hm? Well I do, but not completely" you said, "it's just a bit cloudy, I'm sure I'll remember it soon"

There was definitely something wrong.

Quickly The traveler pulled Paimon aside, informing you that they'd be back soon, leaving you to stand in the hall on your own. "Everyone's acting weird" you muttered to yourself as you sat down on the wooden floor.

'I want you to live a normal life' an unfamiliar voice in your mind spoke.

You sighed, "But I guess my mind is also acting a bit strange too"

You remember the warmth of your mother's arms and the gentle smile of your grandparents face. You remembered everything expect one, but who was the person that was missing? Their face was quite blurry but you knew they made you happy. You were curious to know more about them...

As you waited for the traveler to return, you hummed to yourself well watching the time pass on the clock. The clock made a repeating tick sound every second you waited.

Glancing over to the side you noticed a vase of dying flowers, they were withering away with no one around to take of it. "Flowers?" you got up and walked up to it.

"These flowers are pretty" you complimented it, despite it was falling apart. The flowers kinda reminded you of yourself.

Soon tears begin to weld up in your eyes, and you quickly used your arm to cover it.

"Ah, Traveler, if what you said is true... I'd like to lose my memories again"

𒊹︎he restored your memories, but erased the ones of himself.