Desperation | 36

As you used the wall as support, you struggled to make it out of Inazuma city. Your body trembled and you could barely breathe. Any moment now, you could tell you were going to collapse.

In the alley you walked in, there was no one around, and all you could hear was a loud ringing in your ear. Was it the right choice to run away from Ayato? You asked yourself. What if he were to find you?

All you wanted to see was Scaramouche. Your one and only friend... or perhaps your lover now? Thinking about it made you feel uneasy. No matter what anyone said, you loved Scaramouche more than anything.

But, fate was horrible. Your fate was horrible. It felt like the world, the gods, the people were all against you. Since when was love so complicated?

As your chest felt tight, breathing became difficult as you dropped to your knees. Your body couldn't move any further, and you were now stuck in the middle of an alley.

Leaning your head against the wall, you could hear your heart beating from within you. It was loud and clear.

"STOP THE RESISTANCE!!!" yelled a soldier as a hoard of loud footsteps came storming through the city. "They're not enough guards!" shouted another from the Tenryou commission, just as you heard a voice command the group of people to charge- screams following just seconds later.

You heard a voice behind you, causing you to quickly looked back when you realized someone was close, and at the other end of the alley, you saw two figures who appeared to be guards arguing with one another. "Where's the backup?!" you heard one ask, their voice full of worry. "the backup? Weren't they send off to deal with the Harbinger in the north?!" said the other.

"A Harbinger? What, how?!" they exclaimed.

"I don't know the detail. But it was issued and sighted by the head of the Kamisato clan to capture the harbinger just last night. And now... dang it! The resistance knew about this, didn't they? That's why they chose today to attack. Ugh, they got us when our defense was low." the other clicked their tongue, not seeming to notice you.

The head of the Kamisato clan; Ayato.

However, not long after, the soldiers were forced to flee back to the palace when the resistance pushed further into the city.

Your eyes were wide in shock. You knew that the Fatui was an enemy, but you didn't think Ayato would call Scaramouche out like that. Didn't Ayaka explain the deal and situation to him?

Then it hit you. Had Ayaka found out about Ayato helping the Tenryou commission? Her refusal to tell her brother about Scaramouche could explain this.

"... Damn you, I messed up. And Ayato, You used Scaramouche as bait for another one of your smartass plans, didn't you? Is this your way of catching him off guard?" You muttered before letting out a chuckle.

Imagining Scaramouche running and hiding from the tenryou commission, and pursued by so many people must be a pain. "I can't miss out on something like this" you laughed, trying to cheer yourself up, even though it was no laughing matter.

But as you desperately held onto the wall, you struggled to rise back up on your feet. And just barely able to stand when the moment you got up, your body begin to shake uncontrollably. A part of you just wanted to give up and just let yourself rest, but to you, that wasn't an option. You couldn't allow yourself to close your eyes.

However, your efforts were futile and despite your struggle, you fell back onto the ground.

"Huh?" You uttered in a midst of confusion as you looked down at your weak and almost lifeless body. "Why won't you listen to me?" You asked yourself before gritting your teeth.

"Come on Y/n, you have to get up! Why won't you move?" Frustration began to get to you.

You couldn't feel any part of your body.

"Out of any moment and time, why did it have to be now?" You whispered to yourself as it became hard to stay conscious.

Help. You need someone, just anyone to help you.

And as vision begun to fade, your body fell against the wall. Everything was disappearing, and you couldn't do anything. But, just before your final consciousness slipped away, you heard someone call your name. Which immediately brought you back to your senses.

"Y/N!" a familiar voice shouted as they shook your body.

The silhouette of their figure was blurry, but when it became you clear, you were surprised to who you saw.

"Yo...miya?" You whispered after noticing the concern expression on her face.

She gasped in relief before pulling you into a hug. "Dear archons, you scared the life out of me! What's wrong? What are you doing here!? You look really sick!" Yoimiya began to ask a bunch of questions to which you could barely hear.

Your eyes felt incredibly heavy and your lips were turning pale, but you managed to muster up the energy to look up and smile. "Yoimiya, please. Can you take me to Scaramouche?" You asked, desperately. "What?" She questioned, not knowing who you were talking about.

"The Harbinger in the north, he shouldn't be to far from here." You paused for a breath of air.

"Please, I don't have much time left."

With those words, Yoimiya could feel her heart sink. "The Fatui? A harbinger?" She mumbled, scared and completely lost. Taking in so much in such a short time, Yomiya was almost speechless. She didn't understand what you meant by 'not enough time.'

"A firework show to distract the Tenryou commission." You placed your hand on both her shoulders as you looked down at the ground in exhaustion.

Yoimiya pulled away from the hug when she felt something on your back. But, looking at her hand, her eyes became wide. It was covered blood. "WHA- WHAT? I don't understand?! What's going on, I don't get it?!" Her eyes dart towards you, frantic for an answer.

Everything was going so fast.

"The Harbinger— he is a dear person to me. I want to see him no matter what. Please, This is my final firework request." You muttered.

Tears filled Yoimiya eyes. 'A final request"' That was something she has never done, nor could she decline. Memories of the times she spent with you raced through her mind as she opened her mouth to give you her response.
Those times when you both were young children and would experiment on fireworks, talk about the future, and how she'd explain that she wanted to learn more about fireworks while you simply dreamed of being with a young purple head boy.

It felt as if it was just yesterday too.

"I... accept your request" Yoimiya said before holding your hand with both of hers.

"I, Yoimiya will fulfil your final request... so you can't count on me!" She forced a smile on her face as she quickly wiped her tears.

-

3 more chapters left,
and If you've made it this far, thank you :)