A false miracle | 20.5

It was a warm spring day, a little after your fourteenth birthday, your Immune system begun to decline despite still being young. Colds, fevers, Injuries, would randomly come almost every other week, and something lasting days on end. By the time you were 15, most of the times, you would be bed ridden whenever you got sick as you'd grow increases weak each time.

Even doctors said it would be a miracle for your Immune system to restore back to normal, so there was a chance you may be stuck with this "Illness" for the rest of your life time—

And, due to these struggles, you weren't able to enjoy what other kids your age could. Practically "missing" out on the prime of your youth. Which made you extremely upset.

But,

"[name], It's time to take your medicine"

he was always there for you.

"Already?" You pouted, disliking the flavour of the medicine. "Yes, already" Kunikizushi said back, placing the tray onto the table. "How are you feeling?" He asked, "actually, a lot better!" You said, flexing your weak arms.

"Will you be okay on your own?" He asked randomly well he looked down, staring at his fidgeting hands, "what do you mean?" You asked, "I-" his eyes widened— "nothing!" He blurt out, almost jolting up.

It's been a while since you've last seen him like this. "Did something happen?" You asked, noticing that he was avoiding to look at you. Kunikizushi gulped. He couldn't look at you.

If he looked at you, what could he say to answer your question. He couldn't answer it, he can't or y-

"If you don't wanna talk about it, don't force yourself" you patted his head in reassurance. "Just make sure to tell me about it later though!" You quickly added, unable to ignore your curiosity. "Uh, hm" Kunikizushi mumbled in response. He still seemed gloomy as he refused to look up.

It was rare of him to act this way. So, you pulled his head closer and gently kissed his forehead, "a feel better charm" You smiled. He finally looked up, flustered with his face heating up. "W- What you'd do that for??!!" he freaked out—

— Suddenly, you pulled him in for a hug, patting his head as you held his head close. Kunikizushi was startled but didn't try to pull away, he instead moved closer letting your comforting arms hold him.

Back then, you didn't understand why he was so frustrated. Was it because he couldn't be with the other kids? Till this day, you still 'don't' know the answer. You wanted to ask him next time, but that next time never came as a week before your sixteenth birthday he disappeared.

Why did he have to leave right after you begun to recovered? Your health was finally increasing, was he already sick of dealing with you?

Festivals, snowman's, watching the sunrise, playing outside, so many plans you've built up over the years, all came crashing down in that instant moment of realization that he was now already long gone.

As if he never existed.

But, you did not give up. No matter what, you wanted to know why he left. You still wanted to spend the rest of your time with him as you knew your "miracle" wasn't going to last forever.

Humans life's were limited, especially yours. Which is why you needed to find him before time runs out.

You still haven't thanked him for everything he's done. You still haven't apologized for all the trouble you've cause. Wnd you still haven't told him how you felt, at least not properly.

"Next time we meet again, I want to tell you that I-"

"[NAME]" a distant voice called for you repeatedly, someone's calling for me?

You tried to reach for the light, but then suddenly, you randomly awoken without warning and was immediately caught off guard the moment you opened your eyes again.

Though, unable to reaction much. When you realized what was happening, your heart skipped a beat and your mind begin to go into chaos. Is he trying to give me cpr? You let out quiet muffles to get the boys attention. He quickly pulled back as he heard you, "[name]? you have to stay awake" He demanded.

"Don't close your eyes, cause I swear, just- don't" He said, clenching his fist with his eyes reddened.

Don't cry.

You tried to chuckled but as you did, you Instead coughed out blood causing the boy to panic even more. "Kunikizushi," you whispered quietly as the last firework lit up in the sky. He heard you.

His eyes widened. The thing he's been trying to avoid has became reality.

You remembered.

𒊹︎head canon: Scaramouche thinks that it was all his fault

I might take this down later to redo it.