Hope | 14.5

Art credit: @m15t34 (Twitter)
(Optional to read)

Autumn leaf's fell from the trees as the winter season grew near. Peeking outside the window, kids ran and played till sundown.

Their laughter's echoed as they could be easily heard from the indoors. "lucky.." you sniffled looking at the group of kids who were playing together and joyfully smiling.

"Achoo!" You sneezed into your elbow, and went to reach for a tissue from your bed.

Your hand trembled as you couldn't extend it any further, and accidentally pushing it away Instead of bringing it closer. "Here" a boy pushed the box toward your struggling hand before sitting down on a chair close by. "O—oh thank you" you blew into the tissue. 'What's that?" you asked as you glanced at him, looking at the tray he placed onto the table.

"Medicine from Liyue" he said, carefully picking up the bowl of warm soup. "It's hot, so you better be careful."

You lightly smile, "I'm sorry for all the trouble I've had to cause you again Kunikizushi" you sneezed again. He grinned, "yeah, you've really have been a real pain" he admitted without hesitation. His honesty struck you like an arrow, and your gloom face loomed over miserably, ". . .I'm sorry" you apologized.

He chuckled, "don't worry, it's fine, I'll just make sure you repay me another time" he said as he blew on the hot soup on the spoon. "Alright. now here' He slowly lifted the spoon toward you, but your wandering mind wasn't paying much attention and couldn't help but gaze outside, watching the kids play happily—

— "hm!" Kunikizushi shoved the spoon into your mouth, "stop looking outside and EAT"

"mmHMm" you responded. "I can't believe your almost sixteen" he sighed. "Yep! then when I'm eighteen I'll be your bride"

Kunikizushi choked as he heard you, "hey since when did I ever agree to that??!" He retorted, almost dropping the bowl. You chuckled at his reaction, "oh yeah! your right, you haven't agreed yet" you cleared your throat, "alright, Kunikizushi can I marry you when we're 18?" You asked.

His face turned bright red, and if you weren't mistaken, steam was coming out of his ears too. "Sooo, your answ—"

"NO!" He yelled, quickly shoving the soup into your mouth to prevent you from speaking anymore nonsense. "Like I'd ever marry you" he sulked

"mhm" you teased, smirking with your hand over your lips. "keep your fantasies to yourself" he said placing the bowl back on the tray.

"ehe, but.."

"if you ever change your mind, I'll always be here waiting"  you grinned.

A light blush covered his cheek as you held up the hairpin he gave you like it was trophy, "I'll swear on this hairpin" you smiled with confidence. He laughed, "don't get your hopes too high. I have no interest in you"

"But, even so, I won't give up!" you stayed enthusiastic, "I'll keep on waiting even till the world ends!" you cheered.

even if the world ended

"Goodluck with that" he said sarcastically as he stood up with the tray.

"alright. I'm going go give the bowl back to your grand parents" he said, ignoring you well he walked out the room. "hey wait-" the door slammed shut.

"Noo!" you pouted. Kunikizushi took the opportunity to leave when he knew your legs wouldn't be able to hold up if u were to follow him, "thats just mean" you sulked as you watched the door close.

You looked down at the hairpin in your hand, "but I guess I can wait." you muttered.

"and after when I'm all better, lets play in the snow together! Maybe even build a snowman since I haven't been outside in a while."

'We'll go to the Autumn Festival, pile up the leaves, play in the winter snow and eat our favorite dessert together. It'll be fun, I'm sure the future ahead will hold many joyful memories' your eyes beamed with hope.

joyful memories...

———

This Chapter was an extra I made for you readers.
For the ones who want more Scaramouche moments :)