Anonymous | 7

"As expected from a harbinger" he laughed nervously with his eyes looking at the blade that was towards his neck. "Oh? So you know your stuff" Scaramouche said, placing the sword even closer to his throat, as a warning to speak.

The anonymous person gulped, "staying quiet isn't going to help you" Scaramouche told him, but the man was ready to lose his life and wouldn't speak a word. During the silence Scaramouche could feel the burning hatred the person had towards him, he must hold an immense grudge against him.

Scaramouche begin to laugh, "your a stubborn one aren't you" he said with a fake grin. "I don't have time for you, your in the way."

The anonymous person coughed out blood

The knife had pierced through his chest from the back

Scaramouche pulled out the knife, leaving the man to fall onto the ground, it was a matter of time before he'd die. "Don't pay too much mind to me. I'm only following orders" he said with a smile dropping the sword in front of the dying man as he walked away.

The man struggled to reach his sword so he could swing a blow towards the fatui, but his body had shut down before he could reach it.

What could of drove him so far to sacrifice his own life to attempt to kill the fatui, and more specifically why him.

You followed the path towards the komori teahouse, there you saw from a distance of what it seemed to be a traveler. They were trying to enter the teahouse, even though it was restricted from the general public.

As you approached closer you overheard that the traveler was invited by Thoma, which made curious. "Well that sounds more like I-"

"Are you a friend of Thoma?" You asked the traveler, interrupting the traveler companion without noticing. "[name]?" The shop assistant questioned "what are you doing here?"

You laughed nervously, you didn't want the cat out of the bag so soon. "Just walking around" you told the shop assistant, "by yourself?—"

"WHATS THAT?" You interrupted her after noticing a fairy, the assistant sighed. "Is that your pet?" You asked the traveler

"Hey! Paimons not a pet!!" The fairy like creature argued back, "IT CAN TALK?" You jolted backwards in shook. The traveler laughed at your reaction and introduced themselves

"I hope you find your answers and the god your looking for" you said.

Paimon sniffed the air and her eyes lit up, "I something delicious!!"  She said joyfully looking towards the bag in your hand, you noticed her gaze and lifted up your bag. "The smells coming from there! Hey, hey what's in inside??" Paimon asked, you chuckled and offered some of the desert,

you could see paimon starting to drool as you reach your hand inside the bag

"We have to go meet Thoma, paimon" the traveler said as they grabbed paimon by the back of her scarf.

"But—"

"Oh yeah!" You realized "Sorry paimon, but the dessert will have to wait" you said which made paimon disappointed. The traveler walked inside and you followed behind them. 'wait meet Thoma?'  You remember what they had said before and you had just walked yourself into trouble.

"Well, now that we're here, where's Thoma?" Paimon asked

you saw no sign of him as you looked around the room, 'this is my chance to escape!" you thought

Paimon sighed, "Paimon doesn't see him anywhere, do you think he forgot his promise to meet us?"

"Who forgot their promise? I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me!"

Thomas voice suddenly appearing out of nowhere, which caused you to quickly turn your head back forwards right as you were about to open the door. But he was no where to be seen?

"Wh—Wh—What?! Is that dog talking to us?!" Paimon yelled,

A lot of odd things were happening since you got back after being with Scaramouche, you were at lost of words about Thoma being a talking dog. First a talking fairy now a talking dog, what's gonna be next a talking doll?

"Hahaha. Alright, alright, I've had my fun." Thoma said as he walked out from the side hall. You realized that the talking dog was just a prank and felt a bit disappointed that you couldn't tell sooner, which caused you to complain

"Hey! Your this close to getting an ugly nickname, mister!—"

"[name]? Your here too?" He asked.

You realized that he had spot you and you tried to play it off,

"Is this traveler an acquaint of yours?" You avoided his question with your own. "You could say something like that."
He turned over to the traveler and begin to talk to them, "I've had a lot of time to kill, given that I've been waiting here for you for so long... as was the case in ritou..."

"So I came up with this fun greeting for when you arrived—"

After that, Thoma continued discussing some business the traveler, you thought it was the best to leave them to talk alone, since you felt like whatever they were talking was probably too advance for your comprehension, especially with your little knowledge of Inazuma.

You left the food on counter and went to another room to sit down. As you waited for Thoma to finish chatting with the traveler, you placed your left hand under your chin as you gazed outside from the window.

You were rethinking about how your day went. 'Inazuma city, nice girl named Yomiya,  food,  fire work festival, Scaramouche... Scaramouche...?'

The picture of his glum expression was still stuck in your head. "Was he upset about me regaining my memories, does he dislike fireworks, Was he sad about something?"  You didn't understand why he reacted like that, wouldn't regaining your memories be a good thing? Or maybe you really did met—

You heard a knock on your door, "yes?" You answered, Thoma opened the door, "Would you like to come with us to the statue of the Omnipresent god" he asked "it's the one I told you about before."

You didn't have any more plans for the day so you accepted the offer, and went along with Thoma and the traveler towards the Statue.

The same statue that carried the people of Inazuma aspirations.

Headcanon: Well Thoma was talking to you in the room, paimon was eating your food.