Request | 34

...

"Back then, [name] wasn't pushed off the cliff."

"She jumped off herself."

The moment Ayato spoke those four words, Ayaka felt her heart sink. She was almost speechless, and could only utter a quiet, "..What?" before glancing at Thoma to only realize he was looking away. "You still haven't found out, have you? The reason why mother died," he told his dear sister as he got up.

Ayato easily broke through the rope that tied his wrist behind him and gesture Ayaka to follow. "Thoma bring those two criminals to the Tenryou Commission. I'd like to explain the situation to Ayaka in private." He said, looking towards his sister.

"Yes, of course!" Thoma quickly followed his orders, but Ayaka was still in disbelief. "let's go, I'll tell you the truth." Ayato said, and for the first time... Ayaka glared at her brother.

A chilling look that sends shivers down the spine of even the head of the Kamisato clan.

However, despite being surprised by the reaction of his sister, he chuckled- "Who knew you could give such a death glare. However,  I suppose it's no surprise you would react this way towards me. But can you listen to me just this one time?" Ayato tried to convince his sister.

Ayaka grit her teeth as she looked down at the ground before getting up. "I'll listen," she sighed, following her brother down the hall before reaching a room. "You sit down, I'll go brew some tea..." Ayato cleaned up the table as Ayaka sat down on the soft pillow laid on the ground. "Y/N is on the verge of dying. Do you really think this is the time to be sipping on tea, brother?"

Ayato was caught off guard by her words but quickly brushed it off, "you're right. I apologize... I was simply trying to ease the tension"— which he was doing an awful job of.

The fact that he was in higher status of her, and he was acting like this during such a serious situation irritated Ayaka. How could he be so calm? Was he trying to belittle your life?

Yet, she couldn't bring herself to be angry at her brother. In a way, his attitude in this moment reminded her of you.

"It's fine." Ayaka mumbled just as Ayato sat on the pillow across the table from her.

"You were trying to protect Y/N this whole time, weren't you? That's why you lied to her when she lost her memory. You didn't tell her that you were related, just for the sole reason to keep her happy. She was miserable with that 'curse,' so you didn't tell her. But, it seems that has backfired." He stated and Ayaka's expression wavered. "Did you convince me to come with you just for you to tell me that?" She said but Ayato shook his head.

"Remember the illness that had killed our mother and aunt? That Illness is the same one that is affecting [name] right now, but I'm sure you know that."

"..."

"Just how mother once was, Y/N condition is getting drastically worse everyday. The only reason she has been able to endure the pain and damage to her body was that medication you injected in her that night, the one our family has developed throughout the generation. However—" Ayato clenched his hand.

"The week before Y/N had 'fallen' off the cliff, she came to the Kamisato residence to see me. Despite haven't seen each other in well over a year."

-

...

"Ayato," Y/N called as she closed the door behind her.

The moment he saw her, he almost dropped the papers in his hand. "Ah! You startled me- What brings you here?" he asks, quickly putting aside some documents before getting up. Y/N gazed at Ayato for a spilt moment before looking down at the ground. Sweat rolled down her cheek as she said, "I have a request to make."