johnny cade (tw, mentions of assualt and sexual assualt)

you placed your head gently on the rock hard curb, feeling the force of the pavement vibrate in your head.

but it didn't hurt.

nothing felt like anything anymore...

not even the bruise your dad left on your cheek last night, or the cut in your arm from the flying beer bottles last week.

and though you knew you could always go to the curtis' household- the only place you considered home, you needed time alone.

you looked up to the sky...

thinking...

thinking...

well there was one person you wanted to talk to right now.

but you had no idea where johnny was.

just the thought of him made your face light up, almost as bright as the stars.

things between you had felt...

different lately.

something more then friends.

you snickered to yourself quietly as you remembered johnny's face turning a light red when dally teased him for giving you his jacket- a few days ago at the drive-in movie theater.

you looked around slowly- hoping he would pop out of no where.

but most likely... he was with dally somewhere, doing who the hell knows what.

you heard footsteps behind you.

"johnny?" you said immediately, popping up from your seat.

only an evil snicker returned your questioning.

shit.

that didn't sound like johnny.

you turned around to see bob- the leaders of the socs- obviously drunk, his friend following him.

"finally got ya." he said, walking forward slowly.

you winced as you remembered your last encounter with him... him grabbing you... urging you to become a soc- saying you were too hot to be a greaser.

thankfully... dally had been there.

you stood up slowly, meeting bob.

"i'm not afraid of you." you stated coldly, as you felt his friend move behind you.

"considered what i said last time?" he asked.

you felt his friend grab your hands from
behind... digging into your pocket,

double shit.

you forgot your pocket knife.

his friend moved back in front of you...

walking back to the car...

you watched terrified as bob moved closer to you... feeling his icy touch on your shoulder.

he studied you up and down, smirking.

you knew you could fight back. but something about bob, made you freeze.

"wanna head somewhere else, do something fun?" he laughed, his hand moving to your cheek.

you didn't reply- but only flinched, leaning back as far as you could.

he leaned in... as you only squeezed your eyes shut.

"HEY!"

bob immediately turned his head... and there was johnny, standing there... with a pocket knife in his hand.

bob laughed- gripping on to your arm... he looked at you... worriedly, until slowly shifting his eyes back to bob.

"mad cuz i'm making a move on your broad, dirty greaser?" he said, chuckling again.

"don't call her that." he stated coldly... moving towards bob- the knife still in his hand.

"oh shit." bob muttered, finally letting go of your arm.

he stumbled over to the ground- obviously still drunk.

"YOU GREASERS ARE CRAZY! YOU KILLERS!" he yelled, driving away sloppily down the street.

johnny immediately walked over to you, embracing you in a hug.

"you ok?" he asked, his warmth feeling better then any of the other campfires you'd had to start in this lot.

"yeah..." you replied, wrapping your arms around him tightly.

you both pulled away- as he studied your face... gently touching the bruise on your cheek.

he frowned, tears forming in your eyes.

"you can always come to the curtis' y'know?" he said,  taking your hands in his.

a moment of silence filled the air, only crickets chirping gently in the background.

you looked down at the ground- studying a rock, acting like you were just thinking.

another moment of long silence.

"i love you."

your mouth dropped... as you looked up to him immediately- your glowing eyes meeting his shocked eyes.

for a moment... you stared at each other- then started to lean in.

you felt your lips gently collide with his.

it was the most sweet and gentle kiss you had ever had.

you both pulled away slowly- at the exact same time.

a peaceful silence.

"i've waited for that." you said quietly.

he stood up quickly- then helping you up, a small breeze filling the air.

you shivered... and he immediately took of his jacket, handing it to you.

you smiled warmly- wanting to argue him on it, but accepted it- loving his cute little gestures.

you walked away, his arm wrapped around your waist- as the sun set peacefully over the horizon.