Haunted

He was being haunted by the memories of what you both said that night. That night that he regretted saying anything to you. He should've kept his mouth shut. It haunts him every night. Reminiscing the tone of your voice and how it was both sadness and anger in it. The part that killed him was the part where you were crying. It made his throat burn and his heart feel heavy.

That night he had gone out with his friend to the club. He stayed more that he should've. He got tons of calls from you. Making him grow annoyed. He then muted his phone and continued on drinking. He didn't cheat. As much as he grew annoyed he loved you to much to do that to you. Seeing it was about 3am he decided to head home walking. The apartment complex was about 10 minutes of walking. So he takes out his phone and sees your text. He ignores them and continues to walk home.

He is standing in front of the door trying to open it with his keys. But you had already opened it. You started at him. Like he was just another person. He wasn't jack. It's like you were looking at a complete stranger. He leaned in to kiss you. And you moved.

I called you " you quietly say.

i know " he says drunkly.

so why didn't you pick up ? " you fold your hands and look at him sternly.

sorry I didn't realize I have to tell you where ever I go mom " he rolls his eyes.

you don't understand do you ? " you laugh. With the verge of tears

yes I do understand that my girlfriend is clingy and won't trust me to go out with my friends ! " he yelled. Making you flinch.

You felt your heart drop. Tears were out by now. You said one last thing I wanted to know if you were okay and when you didn't call I got a panic attack because if you weren't I wouldn't know what to do with myself. But I guess to you I'm just clingy and if it bothers you so much I might as well won't say anything. I won't blow up your phone anymore. I won't call you. I won't worry about you. " you say as you walk back into your room.

Leaving jack with a broke heart and tears running down his face. He then regretted what he has said. Because since then you always slept with your back faced to him. And he knew right there and then that he lost you.