WAIT! He's real?! Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Garrett Cross

Chapter 7

Much to my dismay, we had to finish out the week at school... but that gave me just enough time to plan and execute my revenge on Gemma and Rae. Third period came around once again Friday morning and my plan was in action. The flower man was back for the third time this week and my teacher was starting to get irritated. This time he walked in with two beautiful bouquets. (They were the most beautiful ones I could find because I was about to do something terrible. He called out to Gemma and Rae and they each were so excited by the beautiful array of flowers.

My teacher asked for them to read their notes aloud, as usual. It was only fair... Rae went first, "Congratulations on finally being able to sleep in your bed without wetting yourself! I am so proud of you, muffiin! Have a fabulous day!" She didn't realize what she had said until it was already out. I just about keeled over in my chair. I stifled a laugh and waited to hear what Gemma had to say. Hers was definitely worse than Rae's, but she should have known better.

Gemma looked nervous about her message, but put on a brave face as the teacher urged her to read on. She smirked and said aloud, " Gemma, you are so beautiful. You are one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen." I fumed. Ooh, she was good. Why didn't I think of that? Man! I wanted to take her down. Her cleverness has helped her this time...One day...

We laughed at Rae for the rest of the class and she finally figured it was me.

She didn't say a single word. She was pissed. She didn't talk to me for the rest of the day, but she'd get over it. Gemma on the other hand, was quite pleased with herself. She'd get what's coming to her soon enough.

*Saturday*

I had done all of the necessary things for my trip. My mom had decided to let me go up to Vegas until the strike was over with a couple rules. I had to stay with my aunt and that my 15-year-old sister, Jordi, was going to come with me.

We had all of our things packed, and we got to Vegas in record time. My aunt Jo was watching the kids play outside when we pulled up to the house. We parked and gathered our things. We trudged toward the house and were ambushed by my little cousins. The two boys, Mac and Ryder, ambushed me first. I was knocked to the ground by these little guys. We all laughed and then the little princess, Sage, jumped on my stomach and knocked the air out of me.

"Ooff!" I wheezed. "Sagie, I missed you!"

She giggled and ran into the house. Jordi had grabbed the rest of the things and walked inside as she laughed at my figure on the ground. I laid there for a couple minutes in the hot, Nevada sun. I was taking it all in, glad that I was away from home. I closed my eyes, not aware someone was coming closer. Suddenly, my light was blocked. I opened my eyes, but saw nothing, but the silhouette of a man.

"Are you okay?" he asked, in the sexiest voice I had ever heard in my life...

"Uhhh yes? I'm fine. I'm just chillin'." I replied, a little breathless.

"I just saw Sage knock you over and was a little concerned when you didn't get back up...I was worried you hit your head." I was flattered he was concerned, even though I didn't know this man. I definitely loved hearing him speak. His voice was like smooth honey.

I laughed, " Yes, I'm definitely fine. Sage just knocked the wind out of me and I just decided I'd stay here and enjoy the sun."

"Well, if you're sure." He offered me a hand up.

I took his hand and stood up. I looked down to dust myself off, but when I looked up he was already walking back toward his house.

"Thank you!" I called. "Wait! What's your name?"

He turned around and gave me the most dazzling smile. "Garrett, and you're welcome."

I saw his face...and I fainted. Cute, right? Three things went through my head: WAIT! He's real?! Did I just pass out? That's embarrassing... He's even hotter than I imagined.

***A/N: Hey guys! So she finally meets Garrett!!! He's here in Vegas! YAY! I know it's short, but it was a natural ending for this chapter. Besides, I'm already close to done with the upload for tomorrow. I am so excited! This book is just taking off and I'm glad you guys like it. Oh and some of you have asked me about the fake facebook I actually made in real life for a 'Garrett Cross'. Well I had it deactivated, but I activated again. I did this in case you guys wanted to friend him (well, me...) that way you guys can get a hold of me on fbook too. If you want, just follow the facebook link and it should take you to 'his' profile. Will someone let me know if it works, please? That's all! So much love for you! Maili<3***