WAIT! He's real?! Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I was given my first kiss. It was probably the sweetest kiss I will ever receive in my life. His perfect lips gently pressed on mine with a subtle intensity. The tenderness it held made my heart ache. This kiss was one of the utmost sincerity. I could feel his eagerness and was worried about my own growing hunger. He pulled away and regret flashed in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Avery..." he said, walking away from me. "I don't know what came over me. I know you have a boyfriend now and I shouldn't have done that. I should have kept my feelings to myself. I apologize. Tell Garrett it was all my fault. I'll get what's coming to me. Let me take you home."

"No," I said, " I want to stay here for a while."

He turned away from me with sad eyes and rode away on his motorcycle. A single tear escaped my eye as I watched him leave; my heart going with him.

I sat on the bench and wondered why? Why did Jace have to do this to me now? My life was just beginning to get complicated and now he had to throw a love "triangle" into the mix. Why didn't he say something earlier? Why did he want me when he couldn't have me?

As all of these questions swarmed my brain, I grew angry. Angry and more irritated with Jace than I had ever been in my life. I heard his apology and he seemed true. I don't know him to be anything but true. I had so many things crooked and out of place in my life, but I knew one thing for sure. I was furious with Jace Michaels.

I walked back the short trip to my house wondering how I was going to deal with any more drama coming my way. I just hope this wouldn't last for long. I went through my garage, hung up my jacket and came face to face with Lucy, Rae, and Gemma. It was dark, but I could tell their faces were searching mine for answers.

I quickly became concerned that they could see my tear-stained face, even in the dark. They were looking at me; asking for answers. I quickly came up with a lie, a good one too. It was starting to scare me. How long before I couldn't keep up with all of my false facts?

"So..." Rae started, "Where were you just now?"

"Well," I smiled sweetly, "I got a text from Garrett saying that he couldn't sleep."

"Annnnnd?" Gemma pushed.

"And we went for a moonlit stroll." I said, dreamily.

I described what has just happened between me and Jace, except said Garrett instead. I felt slightly terrible for doing so, but I can't just tell them what Jace had sprung on me. The experience was too new. It was much easier to describe it like u was with someone else.

There was a chorus of "Awwww"s when I was finished and they wanted to talk more. I insisted that I was too tired and fell into a dreamless sleep.

*A/N: I am so sorry!!! I really wanted to write more, but I felt this was a natural ending place for this chapter. And some things happened today that really put me in a cruddy mood. So I will try to write more in this week. Please do not hate me. I'm pretty sure that I gave you some fantastic stuff to read, so killing me for not a lot of writing is prohibited. Haha have a great week readers! Remember that I love to bear your thoughts. Maili