WAIT! He's real?! Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Here it is folks! Jace's POV There will be very few of these because it is Avery's story, but some things happen while she is in Vegas, and Jace will be the one to tell you. :))

***Avery is on her way to Vegas***

I am a little protective of Avery. Okay, a lot. I'll admit it. I was going through her boyfriend's profile once again on Facebook. It bothered me that I couldn't see his face. I had analyzed everything and promised myself that I would never go through his page again. Something just felt wrong about it, though. He didn't have a lot of friends, really, and didnt update often. I'm not sure if Avery would do this, but he just doesn't even seem real. He seems like some generic robot. I realize I sound paranoid, but I worry about the girl. I shut off my computer and went to sleep.

***Avery is on her way home***

It has been almost a week since Avery left, and I am missing her so badly. I just miss hearing her talk and laugh. The last time I saw her, she yelled at me. I realize that it might have been a bad time to tell her, but she needed to know how I felt.

I was back on my computer and noticed that Garrett had a picture up with his face. This comforted me, slightly, knowing that I now knew the face I needed to pummel if she ever got hurt. I had slowly been letting go of the fact that I couldn't have her. I was becoming comfortable with that idea. I was still quite upset, but as long as she was happy, I would try to be.

It was Friday at lunch when I walked up to GRL to chat with them. I was close with these girls, too, just not the same way Ave and I are. They were talking about some note some guy had written to Avery. My ears perked up. I only caught a couple more sentences and became angry. 

Garrett is so this...Garrett is so that...Garrett's note was sooooo romantic.

I wanted to puke. "What did the note say?" I inquired. My anger became justified as I learned that it was MY note they were talking about! MY NOTE! How could she lie to them and say it was from Garrett? How could she toss me to the side like that and use my words for another? My cogs were beginning to turn in my head. For what reason, would she say my note was from him? Did she not get notes from him? Did he not write notes? Maybe he couldn't write notes... Then it hit me.

 Garrett is a fake! I KNEW IT! He's not real! She needed something to give to her friends, so that they'd believe her! Some type of physical evidence. It was probably all for Lucy, she was the only one skeptical about the whole thing besides me, at first. That note sure helped those lies go down a lot easier, though.

A sly grin crept on my face and my anger dissapated. She's single. She's single! SHE'S SINGLE!!!

Just at that moment, I got a text.

Avery: J, I need to talk to you. I want to apologize. I also have something to tell you... Can we go to our favorite swing set please? I'll be home in about an hour. So after school?

Jace: Sure, Avery. Anything for you... I've missed you these past couple days. You just disappeared. I'll see you there at 3. ;)

I finished lunch and the rest of school with a smile on my face. I already knew what she was going to tell me.

Avery's POV:

I got home around one and I took an hour long nap. I then did all my chores that needed to be done, since I had been gone. I finished within the half hour. I started my little trek, the two blocks it took me to get the neighboorhood with our favorite park in it. I took my time, walking on the little sidewalk trail, taking everything in. My life had definitely been eventful. So, it was good that I took this time to reflect.

I was usually early to everything and Jace was never too far behind me. He was always there just on the dot. I arrived at the park at 2:45pm. I took my favorite seat on the tire swing. I stuck my feet in the warm sand and closed my eyes as I swung in the breeze.

Hands covered my eyes and a voice whispered, "Guess who?"

"Jace, my eyes were closed. You didn't need to cover them." I said, turning the swing to face him.

"Well, where's the fun in walking up to you asking you to guess who, if you can just open your eyes and see me." he replied, matter-of-factly.

"Touche, J. I'm glad you came." I smiled, slightly.

He smiled back a little too cheerfully. Did he get over me THAT quickly? "Me too. I missed seeing your face."

"Same here. Look, Jace, I need to apologize to you. You did not deserve all of those things I said... I did not even stop to think that your feelings might have been genuine. Of everyone else, I should have believed your feelings to be true." I could feel the tears staining my face, now. " It was still the wrong time to tell me, but I had no right to handle it the way I did. I am so, so sorry, J."

"A, it's okay!" he said, imediately. " I've already forgiven you!" He put his arms around me and continued. " Like you said, it was the wrong time and you were overwhelmed by everyone else. So, I'm sorry too."  

"Thanks for being so understanding, Jace." I sniffled through the last of my tears. He kissed the top of my head and walked us over to the swing set.

"So, now I have something important to tell you." I said, keeping my breathing as normal as possible.

"Ave, I already know what it is." he said, casually.

He did? How could he possibly know Garrett was moving here?!

"You do?" I said, skeptically.

"Yes, Avery. There is no need to feel ashamed." he said with a smile.

Ashamed? What on Earth was he talking about?!

"I'm confused." I said, literally confused.

"Don't play dumb, A. I know you have a fake boyfriend."

My face paled. Now I felt like a monster. He looked so happy that the 'charade' he thought was happening was over. He was happy because he thought...I was single... I had to spit out the news some time.

"No, Jace. He's real... The news I had to tell you, well, he's moving here, Jace. Garrett is moving to San Clemente. He'll be at school on Tuesday. I frowned as he backed away.

He just stood up and walked away. I just broke my best friend's heart...for the second time.

***A/N: Hey guys! It's been awhile! We got to number 2 again! I love you guys! I have almost 1,200 fans and EVERY SINGLE ONE is amazing and important to me! Just a reminder that every vote counts bc this story is in the Watty Awards! So exciting! I love reading your comments. And one more thing, I really dislike the comments that go like this: This story is good, but you should read my story called (fill in blank here.) I find this extremely rude. I did not advertise my story on someone elses and I would prefer if you would respect me and do the same. Anyway, enough about that. Have a lovely weekend! And Ashleigh, if you're reading this, I am really happy you are. :) -Maili<3***