WAIT! He's real?! Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Going to sleep that night, well you could probably guess that it was hard to do so... I just couldn't stop thinking about Garrett. He is literally everything I ever imagined him to be. He's a gentleman. He is funny. He's super sexy fine...not that this has anything to do with me obsessing over him. I finally got to sleep after I showered, washed my face and picked out the most adorable date outfit I could put together with the things I had brought from home. I placed them out on the floor all ready to be worn tomorrow and somehow calmed my thoughts enough to drift into sleep.

*Morning*

I woke up at 7:30 so I could have exactly an hour and a half to get ready for my date with Garrett. I tied my hair back and washed my face then put on my makeup. I also straightened my hair. My hair loves the Vegas weather. It's much less frizzy here with the lower humidity. I then walked into the room I shared with Jordi and put on my clothes. I chose to wear dark wash skinny jeans with a white, scoop neck tee. I wore a dark vest with buttons all done up and a mustard yellow cardigan with a brown, skinny belt around my waist. I topped the ensemble off with my favorite fedora with a stylish, navy ribbon around it, paired with my white, ballet flats. I was pleased with the turn out. I know its hot in Las Vegas, but a girl needs to look cute, right?

I practically skipped down stairs and tripped on the last one, falling on my knees.

"You just can't stop falling for me, can you?" a voice said.

No! No, that didn't just happen, I told myself. I didn't even hear him come in! Why must I keep embarrassing myself in front of him? Quick! Think of something witty!

"Well, maybe one of these days you'll learn how to catch me..." I said, dusting myself off.

"Touche, Avery. Touche." he said with a smile.

I got lost in those dreamy eyes of his and snapped back into reality when I noticed a small hand tugging on my sweater. I looked down to see Sage trying to hand me something. She placed a small, plastic, dress-up ring that had a big sparkly jewel in my hand. She motioned for me to come closer so she could tell me something.

"This will look pretty with your clothes. Ask Garrett if he likes it." she whispered with her cute, little lisp.

"Garrett, don't you think this ring is the most gorgeous thing you have ever seen?" I said with a wink.

"Why, yes, Avery. I daresay it IS the most beautiful ring on the planet!" Garrett played along.

Sage motioned for me once more and said, "He will think you are prettier if you wear it, so you can wear it."

"Do you really think I need to, Sage?" I asked, waiting to hear her answer.

She looked me up and down and said, "Um, yes."

I scoffed at her while she skipped away singing Disney songs. Then the uncontrollable laughter set in. Garrett looked majorly confused. I yelled a goodbye to my family and told him the story as we walked out the door to his car.

"She really said that?" he asked, unbelieving.

"Yes! She is a little stinker sometimes, but she is so funny! I love her so much!" I replied. I glanced down at the gaudy ring on my pinky finger. It was the only one it would fit on. "Do I really have to wear this all day?"

"Wait, let me see. Take it off for a second." Garrett said. I took my ring off and waited. "The little one is right. You should probably put it back on..." he said, trying to hide his laughter.

"Geez, jerk!" I said with a smile. The way things were going right now, I could tell it was going to be a great date. 

***A/N: Hey guys, I know it's short, but I wanted to give you something to snack on before tomorrow's upload. I want to get you guys psyched and excited to read about their date! So, I entered my story into the Watty Awards thanks to InspirasiGirl and her help! So, I hope you all vote for me in the Romance catergory! I love seeing your comments and I love you all so much!!!! We got up to number 2...that still blows my mind. Seriously, you guys are freakin' amazing! And if you haven't already, you guys should check out my short story called 'A Picture Worth Four Words." It's a terribly romantic story about a proposal. This one is actually based on my life too! Haha it's based on the way my cousin, Tara was proposed to. :) Enjoy and get amped for tomorrow!!! -MailiAnne<3***