226. I Don't Mind Dying Bed

The imperial palace of the Yue Empire.

After the morning meeting, Yue Youbai came to the imperial study and asked for a meeting with his own Emperor Father, Yue Weiyou.

However, he waited outside for two whole hours but still didn’t receive a reply.

Yue Youlong did not mind. He kept waiting outside. Two and a half hours later, Yue Youlong was finally allowed to get in.

As soon as Yue Youlong entered, the door to the imperial study was closed.

“Greetings to my father. Long live my Emperor Father.”

Yue Weiyou looked at his  son, and a flash of satisfaction flashed in the depths of his  eyes, but Yue Youlong, who had lowered his head, did not see it.

Yue Weiyou quickly regained his  coolness. “Rise.”

“Thank you, father,” Yue Youlong stood up.

“Is there anything you want to say to me?”

“Imperial father…” The prince thought about it. “There is news from the Heavenly Empire saying that the spies who sneaked into the General Nangong’s residence seems to have died, and…”

Bam! This was the sound of the teacup breaking. Obviously, it was smashed by the emperor.

Yue Youlong knelt down. “Please calm down.” He clenched his fists tightly.

Those servants outside the door heard this. Did the prince anger the Emperor again?

Now, both the second prince and the fourth prince were favored by the Emperor. On the contrary, the crown prince infuriated their emperor almost every day. How long had the Emperor not praised the crown prince?

It was said that a few days ago, the crown prince was yelled at by the emperor for his suggestion of water conservancy project.

Looks like the heir to the throne will be different…

Two servants looked at each other and one of them left.

Yue Weiyou walked down from his seat and looked down at Yue Youlong from a height.

Yue Youlong was a little tense and stiff, but he knelt straight, showing that he was well-educated.

“I remind you that there are people in charge there. You just need to do your own job,” Yue Youwei’s voice was cold.

Yue Youlong pursed his lips tightly.

“Understood?” Yue Weiyou scolded.

“Yes, I do!” Yue Youlong lowered his head.

A smile flashed across Yue Weiyou’s eyes. Then, he took out a folded note from his sleeve and stuffed it into You Youlong’s palm.

Yue Youlong was stunned and raised his head. He saw directly into Yue Weiyou’s deep eyes. Yue Youlong was stunned once again.

“Alright, since you have nothing else to do, off you go.”

Yue Youlong’s heart skipped a beat and he quickly hid the note into his sleeve. “Yes! I will take my leave.”

Yue Youlong’s face was pale. Many servants, who were waiting outside, saw this.

They exchanged an eye contact and lowered their heads, pretending that they didn’t see anything nor know anything.

After Yue Youlong returned to his Palace, he entered the study alone and ordered no one to disturb him. Then he sat down at his usual seat with an excited heart.