Chapter 16.

"Are you okay?" Stu asked as I sat in the living room after dinner.

"Yeah. I'm alright. Just a little taken back."

He sat beside me and held my hand. "Good. Look um, we can wait to tell your folks about the move."

I shook my head and looked at him. "The sooner we tell them, the better. Just to get it over with."

Usually after dinner, we all sat in the living room and talked. Sarah made some pastries and brought out the china. She really knew how to throw an after dinner party.

"I'd love to stay but I have something to get to." Tiffany said, putting her coat on.

"Aww alright then. Come by whenever you can. Our door is always welcome to you." Dad smiled.

"Thanks." She smiled. I rolled my eyes and waved goodbye. She left, leaving us four alone. I grabbed my cup and took a sip.

"Dad um...I need to say something."

"I know this is so sudden Molly. I love Sarah and...even though it's only been a small few months, I know she's the one."

I set my cup down and held Stu's hand. "I'm happy for you two. Sarah has been great to you and me....she was meant for you."

Dad smiled and kissed her cheek. I looked at the small picture of mom on the mantel above the fireplace, then at my hands.

"Dad..."

Stu interrupted.

"Mister Winters. Mine and you daughter's relationship has been steady and I can't imagine being with anyone else but her. We love each other and...I asked her to move in with me."

I was about to speak but he interrupted.

"And she agreed. Before you say anything just know I'm not like other lads my age."

I could sense John ran through his mind when he said this.

"I'm still a student at the college and I make quite enough when one of my pieces sell at the art shows. Molly is still working at the diner until she starts at the college in a month."

"And where is this apartment you two will be moving too?" Dad asked, crossing his arms.

"It's about a block down from the college. I wanted a place that wasn't far. We could get to classes on time instead of relying on my car. It's not in its best shape right now and...I can't take the chance. It's not much but I love your daughter. She's brought much happiness and life into my work."

Dad took in a long breath and exhaled, thinking for what seemed like forever. I bit my lip and felt how sweaty mine and Stu's hands were as we held each other's tight.

"Alright." Dad finally spoke. We looked at him in surprise.

"Really??" I smiled.

"Stu seems to be taking good care of you. His intentions are good and he's a good boy. Better than that fellow you were with before. You seem happy and he's proved to me he's not a bad seed. Besides, we'll need the extra room here. You have my permission."

I stood up and gave dad a big hug. "Thank you so much dad. I love you."

"I love you to. Just...be careful."

I pulled away and smiled, hugging Sarah as well. Stu thanking dad.

"When do you start the move?" Dad asked.

"In a week. I 'ave a little time off college until we start up again. We can use that time to move our things."

"Alright then. It's gettin late."

"I'll help clean things here." I said, helping Sarah take things into the kitchen. I smiled to myself, feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders. I didn't care if the world was against Stu and I being together. We could do what we wanted now. Nobody could stop us.
....

Stu and I walked hand in hand into the loud club full of sweaty, dancing people. John and the guys on stage, playing as usual.

"We can go somewhere else." I said looking up at him. He shook his head.

"I'm not goin to walk around John like he's better than me. Nothing wrong with a couple madly in love wanting to have a night out right?"

I smiled and shook my head. We headed to an empty table and had a few drinks. We talked about moving in together and how much furniture would cost. We didn't even notice the music on stage come to an end. We were interrupted when John walked over with an annoyed look on his face.

"So you two decided to show up?"

"We came to have a good time. What's it to you Lennon?" Stu asked cooly.

"You got nerve showin your face around me. Especially bringing your bitch along." John scoffed. In an instant, Stu stood up and took a swing at John. The two began fighting, causing everyone around to watch and cheer for more. I was angry at this point. I got between them as they threw punches. This resulted in John accidently hitting me right across the face. I was knocked down to the ground, causing George to come out of nowhere and yell at John to stop. I rested my hand on the side of my face where it began to sting.

It reminded me of the days with Peter. When things didn't go right. When I was alone with nobody to help me. Bad memories. In that instant, I broke down and began to cry.

George whispered for me to calm down as Paul broke up the fight, taking John away. Stuart and George helped me up, bringing me back to the table.

"I've never been so embarrased in my whole life." I said, wiping my eyes. I didn't even realize I was bleeding until Stu wiped the blood coming from my nose.

"Lennon is just upset cause his life isn't at it's best right now." George said, rubbing my back.

"He talk to you?" Stu asked.

"He's upset cause of you two moving in together. He just said he thought Molly was just a fling. Not a wife."

"Fuckin hell. Thanks George for...for being there." Stu said.

I was shakey, holding onto Stuart.

"I'll talk to him." George stood up and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry."

I squeezed his hand and let go when he left me and Stu alone.

"Let's get out of here. It's known were not wanted anywhere around here." Stu helped me up and held me as we walked out of the crowded building, getting looks and whispers until we reached out the doors, into the cold, December air.
.........