Chapter 12.

"Dad what...what are you doing here?" I asked, walking over. I looked around, noticing Tiffany wasn't here yet.

"There she is. I thought maybe you ran away from me or disappeared."

I sighed and walked around back to the counter, putting my name tag on. "I've been going through some stuff lately. I'm sorry."

He smiled and sipped his coffee. "It's alright Moll. It's just so good to see you."

I had to admit, as much as my dad and I had our differences, seeing his face again really warmed me up. I loved him. I couldn't deny that. But it was when I turned to see the woman beside him, I began to feel a little odd.

His eyes watched who I was looking at. Taking the opprotunity, he jumped in. "Oh um, this is Sarah. We met while I was off on my trip. She's a New York photographer for a fashion magazine."

"Hello." She smiled.

I just looked at her. Her short brown, bouncy hair curled at the ends. She wore a blue dress with a black coat over. Her perfume was a little strong but smooth. A smile on her pink lips. She looked nice to be honest. Had to be about in her late twenties. But I instantly thought of mom and my guard was put up like a brick wall.

"Hi." I said flatly.

"She's here in England for a few weeks and I told her she could stay with..."

I scoffed. "Dad why...why would you do this!?"

"Shhh Molly calm down."

"What is this!? You two sprouted up some kind of love affair and now you're moving her in??"

"If this is unconvenient for you...I can stay at a hotel." She said, grabbing her purse off the counter.

"Yes please do so." I said, grabbing the hot pot of coffee.

A hurt look came upon her face as she stood up, heading for the door. Dad got out of his seat and gave me a look, running to Sarah. I bit my lip and watched as he spoke to her. She nodded a few times and wiped her eyes.

"Molly, were off out. You know where we'll be." He walked over and grabbed his coat. "I'm very disappointed in you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, watching them leave. I looked down at my feet and sighed, getting onto my job.
...

Tiffany called at about nine to explain she wasn't feeling well. I agreed to take her place and split the tips.

Stuart arrived right on time, picking me up at six. We had to drive down to mine so I could change. I was a little nervous since I knew dad and Sarah were there.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked. "My dad's home but...he shouldn't give you too much trouble. Were um...kind of having a falling out. But..I promise to keep things civil." I held his hand. He nodded.

"Alright. Besides, it's right I meet your father." He smiled.

We got out of the car walked hand in hand inside. The lights were all on. The sound of the tv on in the living room made the atmosphere feel alive. I paused when I saw Sarah sitting with dad, drinking tea. The two smiling and talking. They looked up at me in silence. Stu and I just standing together.

"Molly. It's good to see you in at a resonable time." Dad looked at me, then at Stu. I went on.

"Dad this is Stuart. Stu...my dad." I pointed.

"Hello sir." Stu said strongly. Not a nervous itch in him. Dad stood up and walked over.

"Hello young man. So, what's the deal?"