°Sitting at the bus stop during a thunderstorm with Shoto Todoroki°

...

You got so caught up with socializing with your classmates that you almost didn't notice how late it was. Thankfully, someone mentioned the time, and in a split second you bolted out the door in a flustered panic in hoping to catch your only way home.

You ran in the pouring rain, barely noticing your were drenched to the bone. The only thing you were focused on was catching the bus. But alas, you were only a minute late as you noticed the bus driving around the corner, away from the stop just as you arrived.

You sighed in defeat, sinking into the bench beneath you. You didn't know when the next bus was going to come, if one was to come at all. But you did know that you were tired of running in the downpour, so you would at least wait for that to stop before figuring out what to do next.

But you didn't know if the downpour would stop any time soon...

You eventually started to go on your phone to try and pass the time. No point in calling your parents since they were out of town for the next few days.

A few minutes after you got settled, you noticed another fellow student who was also drenched in the rain sat not far from you.

You sneaked a peek at him studying his calm and gentle features. Even though he was soaked, he wasn't bothered by it in the slightest. His two toned hair slightly stuck to his face, and he rose a hand wiping water from his face.

His jawline was sharp, yet his face looks soft. His expression is gentle and caring. You almost got lost in his eyes. You didn't know the boy, but you nearly fell for him by his looks.

You caught yourself staring at him for to long because he gave you a side glance. You stiffened and quickly looked the opposite direction in hopes of catching something in your sight to distract you.

The boy on the other hand, waited to catch your gaze again so he kept looking at you. But you didn't want to make eye contact, and he noticed, so he looked back ahead.

"May I ask you a question?" He spoke, which spooked you at first, but you quickly settled and looked towards him, but didn't dare to look him in the eye.

"Um, yes?"

"Do you know when the next bus will arrive?"

Your gaze drifted off a bit, trying to think if you knew the answer yourself.

"Actually, I was hoping you would know the answer to that question..." You responded with a small sigh.

"I see, sorry to bother you." He apologize with a nod.

You nodded back and turned your attention back to your phone. But something about the boy seemed familiar. You couldn't put your finger on it. It's like a faint yet unfamiliar memory.

Finally, after a few minutes of mindless scrolling on your phone, it hit you. You whipped your head around towards the boy.

"Excuse me, but would you happen to be Shoto Todoroki? From UA?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

Your face lit up with surprise. "I've seen you in action at the sports festival! You have such a great quirk!"

"Oh, thank you. May I ask what your quirk is?"

You paused, and your face went a little solemn.

"Heh, I don't have a quirk... That's why I admire people like you so much."

Todoroki stiffened slightly in a panic. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you... Do you have a name in that case?"

You nodded happily. "My name's Y/n, nice to meet you!"

He nodded. "Nice to meet you, Y/n."

You smiled and turned back to your phone. The conversation died down for a while after that. But you were beginning to worry about how you'd be getting home.

A nervous feeling arose, but was quickly washed away by a sudden and cold gust of wind that sent shivers down your spine.

You hands moved to your elbows, trying to keep in the little warmth you had left as you shivered.

You assumed that Todoroki wouldn't be effected by this because half of his quirk consisted of warmth. And you would be correct.

But he did notice that you weren't doing so good. So he got an idea.

You felt a tap on your shoulder so you looked over. to your surprise, Todoroki's body faced you with a little flame dancing in his cupped hands.

"Here, I noticed that you were a little cold." He spoke not taking his eyes off the flame.

You nodded with a little smile and set your hands under his, which immediately sent warmth throughout your body. Both from the heat of the flame and from your blushing face.

"T-Thank you..."

"It's no problem. And I was wondering, do you have a way to get home?"

"I don't... My parents are out of town at the moment."

"Okay, I'll ask my sister to pick us up."

"O-Oh, you don't have to bother! I'll figure out a way home even if I have to walk!"

"But I want to help. Besides, you seem nice, so I trust you."

You stared at him for a moment and smiled.

"Okay then, if I can't change your mind then I guess it can't be helped."

...