Chapter 23: Expectations vs Reality

"Requip! Archer Armor!" Rosemary shouted.

It was a knee-length, pale yellow kimono with detached sleeves, pink outline, and a pink obi around the waist. Her hair became styled back into a bun with her large hair bow turning pink. In her left hand she held a silver archer's bow.

She requipped a wooden arrow with a silver tip in her right hand. The archer drew back the string as she looked down the hill. A sea of trees smiled up at her.

'The targets...are there!'

She locked her hands in place..

'Focus...steady...what's the wind speed? Which trajectory will I need? How much magic should I use?'

The archer narrowed her sharp, brown eyes.

'Calculated!'

Rosemary pulled back the arrow further...

'Ready...,'

...And released it!

'...Now!'

As it soared through the air, she snapped her fingers, turning the one arrow into two! Suddenly, they began to take different trajectories. Two mini explosions ensued.

Rosemary sighed and requipped back into her normal attire.

"Jay! Hiding by water is always your plan! You need to be able to adapt in drier environments!" she called.

"Yes ma'am," the blue-haired mage groaned from the ground.

"Luke! Using Chameleon was a smart idea! However, others can still see the imprints you leave behind!" she yelled.

"Understood, Rosey," the blond-haired mage moaned in frustration.

"I'll be heading back. Glad to be of assistance, Prince!" Chameleon said with a smile.

He was a bare-chested young man clad in pants designed to look like a chameleon. Additionally, he had rainbow hair and various tattoos all over his toned and muscular body.

In a flash of golden light, he disappeared.

"Awww, poor thing. You should get stronger," Crazy said from above Luke.

"Go back to Layla and Levi," the Dragneel growled.

"No can do! Their fathers separated them for a while. Natsu and Gajeel are worried that they'll start to do things. So I'm stuck bothering you instead," Crazy explained.

"Haha thanks. But anyways, they're both twelve," Luke noted.

"Mhm. But puberty will hit soon," the pale blue Exceed pointed out.

'Nice shots, Rosemary Irene,' a voice said.

The sixteen-year-old whirled around.

She requipped into her Heart Kreutz armor with a purple mini skirt and dark, knee-high boots. She also brought out her favorite weapon: the double-bladed sword. She extended the hilt to make it a double-bladed spear. Her hairstyle and hair bow color returned to normal.

'Relax, my dear. I'm in your head. I promise I'm not a threat to you or Fairy Tail,' the voice said.

"What makes you think I should trust that?" Rosemary questioned, looking around.

'I am unable to do anything but watch your actions and read your thoughts. This isn't Telepathy magic or anything to do with mind control,' the voice replied.

It sounded like the voice of a woman in her thirties.

"I still don't know that you aren't playing tricks," the scarlet girl countered.