Chapter 7: Medical Emergency

Calypso and Eleodoro dashed out of Sabertooth using Moon Shadow and Sun Rays, respectively. They became streaks of black light and orange-white light that enabled them to travel at speeds as fast as Reiki's Meteor.

Their destination was a small town five miles north of them.

Eleodoro stopped just outside the village. Calypso landed right next to him half a second later.

"Cal. I'm all for finding out the cause of a disease, but—?"

Calypso held up her left hand.

"Enchant: Anti-Disease," she muttered.

A glowing blue light enveloped both her and Eli.

He smiled.

"All of that self-taught enchanting is really helping you! You spend less magic overall since Moon Magic takes more energy after sunrise, and you get amazing results!"

She nodded briefly.

"Very well, let's go!" Eli cried, dashing forward.

Cal followed suit.

They entered the town to witness the result of a rampant disease.

Eleodoro gagged at the stench of death.

Calypso held her breath.

After a few minutes, they got used to the smell and looked around.

'Strangely, all of the affected victims have green skin. Only a few have enough strength to walk around outside. What is going on?' Calypso wondered.

Through open house windows, the duo saw others lying down or sitting inside.

The two wizards stepped into the streets but were stopped by a little boy.

"Excuse me *cough cough* are you two *cough cough* wizards?" he whispered.

His skin was a much lighter shade of green than others.

Calypso winced at the sight.

Eleodoro squatted down to the boy's level.

"Yes we are! And we're also the ones that came to help you out," he said with a smile.

The boy smiled back.

The trio heard wheezing and looked to see a middle-aged man staggering towards them.

He had blue hair held back in a ponytail, grass green skin, tattered brushy, squared black eyebrows, and desperate green eyes.

His green clothing was tattered and torn, and his jawbones were visible.

"If you're wizards...leave...there's a...disease...you...cannot escape," he wheezed.

Eli stood up.

"Oh don't worry! We're fine! We've been enchanted with Anti-Disease!"

'Although I do feel my magic's being drained,' he thought to himself.

The man gasped.

It was followed by an immense amount of coughing.

The Sun Mage hurried over to his side and slapped him on the back.

Once the man recovered, Eli helped him sit down against a stone wall.

Something on the man's collarbone caught Eli's eye.

Callie took the boy's hand and led him to the duo.

'These symptoms look familiar. This person looks familiar. And the affected victims mostly appear to be adults. Or at least, young teenagers and above,' she thought.