Chapter 9: Scales in the Sky

Asuka flicked a switch on the dashboard.

The Rover rattled and rumbled as its guests felt an increase in gravity.

Team Scales looked out the windows.

The trees were getting lower...rather, they were going higher!

"What is going on?!" Raiden cried.

"I don't feel sick, which is a relief," Skyler sighed.

She was sitting between Jace and Raiden.

Asuka began working with the buttons and switches.

A moment later, wings popped out on either side and the windshield was put up.

Metallico turned around to provide an explanation.

"You see, she designed the vehicle so that it doesn't require a Self-Energy Plug (SE-Plug) and so that it can transform into various forms depending on what we need. It's powered by eight extremely large lacrimas inside the hood, underneath the motion sickness one on top. Almost every time Team Danger goes on a quest, we use this baby," he said.

Jace peered over the vehicle door as Asuka's house, the trees, and even Magnolia began to get smaller.

What the hell? I keep hearing that hissing. There are no snakes I've met that can fly.

"Everything okay, Jace?" Skyler asked.

He nodded.

"Oh, yeah. I, uh, keep hearing things I shouldn't. But, I think it's a lack of sleep."

Skyler smiled and nodded.

"Okay, good!"

Then she frowned and touched his hand.

He was glad his light tan skin could somewhat hide his hot cheeks.

"But if something is really bothering you, let us know. We'll help you. After all, we're Fairy Tail wizards! And Team Scales!" she added.

He smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Hey, uh, Jace? Do you know that snake? It seems to like you," Raiden questioned.

He pointed to a long, olive snake at the Poison Dragon Slayer's feet.

It looked familiar.

Jace briefly listened to its voice before recogniz—

"AAAAGHHHHHH!!!!" Skyler screamed.

She latched onto Jace's upper body by accident.

Asuka became startled and accidentally hit a button.

The vehicle shot forward and everyone felt the wind sucked out of them as they were thrown into their seats.

Luckily, the woman in charge managed to flip a switch that put all of the windows up, blocking out the air.

She opened a hatch and used two joysticks to steer.

Soon, they were swerving through the air, doing all kinds of loops and swerves. Team Scales was screaming while Team Danger calmly sat.

"I'm gonna be sick from your steering, Asuka!" Raiden moaned.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Asuka drives a little rough. So enjoy the ride!" Metallico said with a sadistic smile.

"No kidding," Jace groaned.

'Damnit old man. I have a pretty good memory, too.'

"Can you please stop, Miss Asuka?" Skyler pleaded.