Chapter 16: Sorting

The Ice mage calmly sat on a stool while the shadowed woman tended his wounds.

"You need to be more careful," the woman growled.

He sighed.

"Yeah I know. I just didn't expect that stupid Fire mage to show up," he said.

The woman stopped.

"Fire mage?" she questioned.

"Yeah. She vos vickedly powerful. Able to turn my ice into steam zat vos so hot I couldn't refreeze right avay. Not to mention she had a ridiculous sense of smell. I mean, she vos able to detect my magic as I used it! Plus, boze her and her lizzle covardly boyfriend managed to figure out how I actually use my magic," he explained.

The woman didn't resume the healing process.

However, the Ice mage did not dare look up at her face.

"Who was she with?"

"Uh, two Ice-Make vizards, a girl and I zink he vos a guy, a scarlet boyfriend, and some veird gay pinkhead."

Suddenly, he felt something collide with his face and he was thrown into the wall!

He propped himself on his elbows and touched his cheek.

His eyes crept up to look at the silhouette of the woman.

Her left foot forward and left, white-bandaged fist clenched.

Seeing those bandages sent a small shiver down his spine.

While her eyes were somewhat hidden thanks to the shadows, the Ice Mage could feel her anger emitting from her body.

He gulped.

She began to emit her magic, creating a terrifying dense, potent aura with an ambiguous color around her.

"YOU MOTHER****ING FOOL! AL, YOU PIECE OF **** THAT WAS THEM! THE THREE DAMN WIZARDS WE'VE BEEN TARGETING THIS ENTIRE TIME! NOT TO MENTION THE TWO NEW TARGETS! HOW THE **** DID YOU FORGET THEIR DESCRIPTIONS?! WE OVERTOOK TENROU ISLAND AS A TRAP! AND YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOUR MONTHS FOR THEM!" she raged.

As she yelled, the entire area began to shake violently.

Thankfully, a door behind them opened and two hooded figures popped their heads in, a tall and a short one. The woman turned her head with a menacing glare, but upon seeing who they were, she relaxed.

"Are you okay Oz?" one of them asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Al here screwed up much worse than you two did," she replied.

They audibly gulped.

"But, what did you two come here for? I'm sure not to amuse me with reports of the assignments. Your respective bosses already did that," the woman stated.

The figures nodded.

"Well, uh, it's just that we're concerned for Hood 5," the short person stated.

"How so? They're missing right now," the woman stated.

"Well, you see, their health had been severely declining. And we believe it was due to Hood 1. All we wanted to do was bring this to your attention," the tall person answered.

"I see. Well, as you know, I am not directly in charge of Hood 1 or Hood 5. So, you will have to bring your concerns to the proper people above you first. Furthermore, Hood 5 never contributed to the assignments, thus, they were given less priority," the woman reminded.

"Yes, ma'am. Except that, they couldn't because Hood 1 was ordering around Hood 5 and telling them not to move," the short figure tried to explain.

"Not my problem. I don't directly oversee what those two do on assignments. If this is a serious concern, then take it up with your immediate superiors. If you're really that concerned then find Hood 5 yourself," the woman ordered.