Chapter 15: Hidden Truths

Reiki panicked.

"Cris! Use Property Swap!" he called.

"What?!?!"

"Just do it! If this keeps up the entire island will be eroded away, either by ice or rivers!"

"But what about the frozen people?" Nashi asked worriedly.

"Huh?" her two best friends asked.

"I heard the two men talking about how they took people off boats and froze them here on the island to make them soldiers," she explained.

"They're dead, Nashi," Mya's voice whimpered.

Unstoppable whirled around to see the Sensory Ice Duo. They looked pretty beat up.

"We faced them. Once they were defeated, they withered away into nothingness," Larry confirmed.

Reiki's stomach churned and his teeth clenched.

"Well, if we can, we should take them back to land. To be buried properly," he stated.

"What? So now I have to sort out the dead people from this water, too?" Cris protested.

Reiki spun on his feet. His dark green slits drilled into Cris' blue orbs.

"What if your body was in there, Cris! Would you want it to just be washed away into the ocean and forgotten?!" Reiki screamed.

Cris gulped.

"These people had lives!" Reiki continued, "I don't care if they were drunkards, single parents, prostitutes, they were still people! And for every person there is at least one other person who cares for them! You can't take away compassion, Cris! If you were among them, would you want your parents, or even us, to just wash you out?!" Reiki seethed.

CRACK CRICK CRRRRRIIIIICK!

Cris nodded in understanding.

"Fine. I will retrieve them all. As best as I can. However, I'm going to need some help. There's absolutely no way that I can undo all of this ice on land at once," he said.

"Name it," Reiki stated.

The Ice-Water Mage explained what he wanted before they split up.

"FIRE DRAGON'S ROAR! AND IRON FIST! AND CLAW! AND WING ATTACK!" Nashi screamed at the top of her lungs. The steam hissed as it dissipated out.

"Maguilty Rays! Maguilty Sodom!" Larry shouted. Teal and yellow blades shot everywhere.

"Try not to hurt the wildlife too much!" Reiki called.

"I'm trying!" Larry protested.

The redhead leapt up and put both arms on top of each other, with the top hand having only the index and middle fingers spread out. Seven Magic Seals were summoned in front of him and connected, creating a constellation.

"May the seven stars bring judgement upon you! Grand Chariot!" he hollered.

Each Magic Seal released a powerful light blast down, shattering most of the ice in the vicinity.

"That's way more f***ing destructive than my magic!" Larry shrieked.

"Yeah, well I'm only doing it once. You've been using yours repeatedly," Reiki countered in a calm voice.

"That's not the point, you redheaded monster!!"

"I've heard that insult 345 times within the past eight years."

"You count them?!"

"I count everything, Larry."

The Maguilty Mage's face went white.