It Was Nothing

Faith's P.O.V.***

I was running. I didn't feel like stopping until my legs started to give, but even then I wasn't going to stop. I'm almost to her house anyways.

"Faith! Faith please just listen to me!" Carmen was yelling but I strongly continued to ignore. I was dumbfounded and upset that she would even dare to kiss Zayn, the guy of which I told her bullied and caused me harm over multiple years. I was beyond furious. I walked into the house, grabbing whatever was mine and attempted to make my way back out.

"Faith." Carmen gasped out of air as she stumbled into the house and shut the door, preventing me from leaving. "Faith. That kiss was nothing!" She yelled. She attempted to make it seem as though she was telling the truth, but I could see through her lies.

"Nothing, huh?" I mumbled under my breath in a whisper, making sure she still heard my sarcastic tone.

"Nothing!" she yelled back in a more upset tone. I quickly pushed past her, not wanting to hear anymore of her obnoxious lies and opened the door without looking back. "Where are you going?" I egged on as she continued to come after me. I continued to walk away from her, speeding up every time she attempted to match my long strides. "You told the foster home you were staying with me and that you were not going back!" Her tone grew calmer and pity and sadness became evident in her tone. I came to an abrupt stop.

"What!" I yelled, finally releasing all my anger that was held within me. I was like a jar that held in all my emotions, and now, I was cracking. "You want me to tell you I forgive even though you know how I feel about Zayn? Is that what you want? And Carmen, I don't need your pity. I'm not your charity case." I stated coldly as I looked her in the eyes. She stood there, frozen. She had no response as she averted her eyes to everywhere else but mine. I rolled my eyes and pushed past her. "You, are selfish." After my response to her silence, she began to grow upset again, but I continued to not care. What right did she have to get upset anyway?

"I'm selfish? I stuck up for you, and yet you have the audacity to call me selfish?" She questioned, obviously upset. "My life does not revolve around you Faith!" She stated as she continued to yell, "I stick up for you! I give you a place to live, and you repay me by calling me selfish! Faith, out of all the people you take your anger out you choose to take it out on the one person that tried to help you?" She said, softening her tone as she ran her fingers through her hair. "So what if I like Zayn?" She said as she began to slow down and lose the will to fight back. "Maybe this could be a good thing. Maybe he might stop bothering you if I can get to him." I shook my head in protest. Everything she was saying, it went in one ear and out the other.

"No." I stated firmly, "because all he's going to get is possessive like he always does, and then guess what. I'm going to lose you. He's going to lose you. And in the end, whose going to pay for that? Me." I said as tear began to slip from my eyes. I closed them tightly and attempted to stop them from continuing.

"Faith you'll never lose me." She said reassuringly as she continued to try and come closer, but I once again shook my head.

"No, I-I can't." I stated as I stopped for the final time, wanting nothing more than space. "I-I'm going back to Harry's house. I'll ask to stay with him." I say upset. Things have been rocky since Lauren left, and Carmen helped make up for that lost void of a friend. I vented to her and told her everything, and I have never been able to do that with any other person. But, when you try and be open with someone it's amazing how they can't do the say for you. She respected my request of space and left me to walk alone. I began to make my way towards Harry's house, but then the thought of him being plotting something when Zayn brought a bitter taste to my mouth. I shook my hand and changed direction, letting my feet take me to wherever. I somehow found myself looking at the all to familiar foster home. I honestly did miss it there... The girls... Everything. But I couldn't bring myself to go back now.

I always knew where Liam lived. He would would sometimes stop by the foster home and donate some things to the girls due to him having a little sister himself. He would always play with the girl. I was a sweet and touching site to always watch. All the girls loved Liam. Sometimes I would walk with him and get to know him better. The girls couldn't stop talking about him. Some of older, nicer ladies even thought Liam and I would have been really cute together, but I made sure to let them know that we were not like that. Once I stopped in front of the house, I rung the door bell and waited, hoping Liam was home. It was dark and late and it seemed as though it were going to rain. I was very relieved after a few moments of waiting when Liam finally answered the door, hair messy and distraught. He was shirtless and seemed extremely confused, but mainly worried. I gaped at his body for a few moments before looking him in the eyes again.

"Faith?" Liam questioned as he looked at me with worry. "What are y-" before he could finish I hugged him with tears falling from my eyes. He seemed shocked from the sudden gesture, but then warmed up to it and quickly wrapped his arms around my waist. "Come on, talk to me." He ushered as we pulled apart and gestured for me to come in. I gladly did so and placed my bag by his door once inside. We both walked into his kitchen, and I slowly grabbed a seat as he looked around in his cabinets for a snack. As he gave me the snack and some water, all I could think about was Harry. He continuously flooded my mind. The way his lips perfectly molded with mine, how they were so warm... His smile... His dimples... his eyes...

A tear slipped out my eyes as Liam found his way back downstairs with a pair of his boxer shorts and a shirt for me to wear. He wiped away the tear and I smiled at him, grateful for him taking me in randomly. I take a peek at my phone and notice I have multiple missed calls and messages from Harry. I light out a small sigh before looking back to see Liam looking at me patiently. "Liam?" I question finally after out moment of silence.

"Yes?" He smiled as he played the movie that he must have been watching before I got here. "Toy Story? Really Li." I laugh hysterically as he smiled and put a strand of my hair behind my ear while he blushed.

"Li?" He questioned as he continued to smile and averted his gaze back to the television.

"Yeah," I reply nonchalantly, "that's my new nick name for you. If you don't like it I'll-"

"I love it." He said cutting me off as we both laughed and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Now, what were you going to say." My emotions shifted as I once again sighed, sat up, and crossed my legs so I was facing Liam.

"Why doesn't Zayn like me?" He quickly stiffened as he paused the television slowly once again. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling, so it worried me what thoughts were going around in his head.

"I-I can't tell you." Liam finally said after an awkward pause. "I can barely understand Zayn sometimes myself." He sad sadly as he rubbed his face and put his head in his hands.

"Why?" I questioned as I was upset, "I think I deserve to know since I am the one he's been harassing for multiple non-stop years." Still in protest, Liam shook his head.

"Trust me Faith," Liam said now getting kind of flustered as well, "it's not exactly something I can just come out and tell you." He said sorrowfully as he gave me an apologetic look.

"Why can't I know!" I said, voice growing harsh. Liam flinched and I quickly apologized for the complete 360 turn in my mood.

"I don't think you ready to find out Faith, just please, please trust me." I huffed at his stubborn persona, but decided to not argue anymore over it. I suddenly grew calm with the idea that I finally had someone I could talk to again. Someone I could tell them how I was feeling. I wanted to tell Liam how I felt about Harry... and I did.

"Li, I think I like Harry." I mumbled sadly and he sighed.

"I know." He said quietly as he ran his fingers through my hair. I grew confused as I continued to look at him. "You know?" I said a second time as he laughed and smiled. "Yes, I know all." He said sweetly and I smiled.

"Any advice?" I questioned once more. He was silent for a few seconds before nodding his head. "Yeah, I think you should go for it. Harry has liked you for a while." Liam admitted as I blushed and smiled. My smile soon faded as thoughts of earlier came into my head once more and I shook it.

"What would I do if he was using me though? What if he is just Zayn's pawn." I added as he shook his head frantically.

"No, no, Harry would never do that to you just because of Zayn. I know he wouldn't." He said sincerely. I nodded slowly, taking a lot of time to think about his words. "I say... Go for it maybe. He needs you... You need him".