I Can Make the Pain Go Away

Faith's P.O.V.***

I sat quietly in the bathroom stalls. Just thinking about me... Thinking about him. Why won't Harry get out of my head? Always finding a way to squeeze in when I least want to think about him. My thoughts were interrupted when the bathroom door flew open and I lifted my feet up on the stall so they couldn't be seen by the mysterious person.

"Faith?" I heard Carmen's voice echo through the bathroom stalls as you could hear her dragging her cast along the floor. "Faith, come on I know your in here." I heard her call once more, but I chose not to respond. A tear fell onto my leg and the door in front of me was soon pushed open with the view of Carmen standing there, nothing but sympathy in her eyes... it made me sick, just thinking of how much people pitied me... How weak they saw me. No more. I don't want anymore pain. I don't want to be weak. Yet how can I change a lifestyle I've known and lived by for so long? "Do you need a hug?" I sighed and nodded my head. I could use all the comforting I need right now. She slowly limped to my side and hugged me tight as I silently let tears fall against her shirt. It's times like these I really wish my old best friends Lauren, but I'm glad I had Carmen.

"I just want all this pain... The pain I'm feeling right now, to all go away." I cried on her shoulder more as she rubbed my back softly in a comforting way.

"Faith, we wouldn't learn the lessons we have today without a bit of pain to learn from." I nodded at her wise words and sighed.

"I just wish Harry could feel the pain I was feeling at this moment." I felt her nod her head as she let me go and leaned against the stall walls.

"From the way he was looking in class. He did seem pretty hurt as well. As if all the life was drained from him. I just want to know that if he still somehow cared for you, why would he break up with you?" I grimaced as Harry face soon popped into my head. Him smiling, his dimples. I pulled out my phone and saw his face on it. It was a picture I took of us all of us at the hospital, with Zayn kissing Carmen's cheek, and Harry Kissing mine. I cried and cried as I scrolled through all of the photo of which one point I thought were so cute and adorable, but are now nothing but painful reminders. Strangely, I couldn't find the comfort of deleting the photos, because they all held happy memories behind them. I felt Carmen pull my phone out of my hands and I quickly pulled it back.

"You realize you can't get over Harry if you keep looking at photos of you two right." I shrugged and pushed the power button on my phone, shutting it off as I looked back at Carmen.

"I think we should go back to class." I sighed not ready to go back and handle Harry's stares.

"See, now I thought a head of time, I explained the whole process the Mrs. Clark, and she said that we could use this whole period to stroll around the campus and just cool down. She said she wouldn't mark us down for anything and that she wouldn't count us absent." I gave a weak smile as I stood up, feeling a bit light headed from all the crying. Carmen quickly handed me my bag, and I sat her arm on my shoulder to help her move around but she took her arm back. "Hey, hey, hey, I can walk, the cast if just really heavy." I laughed at her comment and walked a head opening the bathroom door.

"Whatever you say. Mrs. Malik, whatever you say?" I saw her blush as I said that and I felt myself smile in success as I made the tough figure, seem soft with the thought of Zayn. Then the thoughts of the words I said to Harry flooded my mind. "Carmen."

"Yes." She simply answered as she continued looking down, I guess thinking about Zayn still.

"I told Harry I love him." She stopped and looked at me with surprise.

"You told him you love him?" She seemed a bit surprised by my words but I shook it off and continued to walk. Not to soon after did I hear her footsteps behind me along with her dragging cast. "Do you really?" I stopped and looked at her as if she going mad.