Finding and Going Home

Carmen's P.O.V.***

"Faith where are you?" I yelled as I ran past the now emptying crowd of people.

"Miss, you have to leave we are closing right now." The ticket holder spoke softly to me as he tried to get me to come to a halt.

"Just 5 more minutes, please I lost someone and I really have to find her." I said in a panic. He nodded unsurely, and walked off.

“Quickly please.” With that I was off again, I yelled in panic as I continued to search for her, a small tear slipping out my eye. I looked behind rides and tents until I finally spotted something- or someone lying on the ground. I wasn’t quite excited about checking it out because for all I know it could have been some animal or homeless person. I just went along anyways, since my gut was saying otherwise. I pulled out my phone, putting it on the flashlight setting, more precautious with each step I took. I gasped in relief once I got closer and saw Faith, but that relief soon exchanged with worry.

Faith's P.O.V.***

I was in excruciating pain, mainly in the face, and  none the less it was having a major impact on me and my mental health as well. Why do they always go for the face?  I thought painfully to myself as Carmen came into the bathroom with a first aid kit. I’m not sure how much of this I can really handle anymore, it’s all just to overwhelming and I’m honestly tired of it.

"Here you go." Carmen kindly handed me the small pack and she helped me wipe away the blood residue. I was sitting on the counter in the bathroom, obnoxiously banging my feet on the counters before Carmen bringing them to an abrupt stop. "Stop, that is really annoying." She said laughing while shaking her head. She was smiling, but her face seemed emotionally distraught and pained and she continued to help me.

"So,” I said awkwardly as I looked anywhere but at Carmen “what do you want to do?" I walked out of the bathroom, hearing her trail closely behind as I found my way to her kitchen, grabbing a pack of crisp and some apple juice took..

"How about we watch a movie?" She suggested calmly while looking through the fridge, thankfully not bringing up the subject of what took place moments ago.

"Sure, what do you want to watch?" I replied excited as I flashed her a quick smile and looked at the movie choices.

"How about we watch the movie you want to watch first, and then watch the movie I want to watch first since it is a weekend and we can do anything we want."

"Let's watch Mean Girls!" I screamed as she huffed in outrage.

"Shit, I was going to choose that one!" I laughed and hugged her, ignoring the slight pain I still felt in my leg from the confrontations.

"Fine you choose Mean Girl, I choose The Notebook." 

"Sounds like a plan." She said sticking her hand out for me to shake as I shook it in return.

"You warm up the popcorn and grab the junk food I'll put the movie in and get the blankets and pillows from your room!" I said running off already before she could confirm. 

"Now where does Carmen keep her spare blankets...?” I spoke to myself once I reached her room, searching through and grabbing hand full of pillows. I also found the blankets, and quickly ran down the steps, not too soon after I reach the bottom step does the strong smell of popcorn fill m nostrils. I set the pillows up very nicely along with the blankets by the couch.  After I finished setting everything up, Carmen walked in with a huge bowl of popcorn and sat it on my lap. After doing so, she walked back into the kitchen, reappearing moments later  with two bowls of ice cream, gummy bears, twix, and brownies.

"Will this be enough?" She said looking at me with a smile, sarcasm along with playfulness evident in her voice.

"You forgot the crisp." I said sarcastically but she ran back in and grabbed the crisp.

"You know I was joking right?"

"I wasn't." She said laughing.

 “T-t-that, was s-so beautiful!" I spoke weakly, sniffing my watering nose and wiping away my tears as the movie went off, Carmen cuddled in my lap sobbing.

"That w-w-as, so b-b-beautiful!" She said screeching the last part, the sobs continuing.

"Ok, now it's time for Mean Girl." I said after grabbing some tissues to clean up. I carefully dabbed my eyes again ignoring the pain. I limped to Carmen hoping it would go unnoticed.

"Put your leg on my lap." She said firmly, as she clearly noticed the little limping I was doing. She started to push her hand really hard on it causing me to scream. Don’t cry Faith. Don’t cry. She will think you are pathetic. Hold it.  I bit on the inside of my cheek while she tried maneuvering it, but it only made it hurt more.

"You need to get your leg checked out tomorrow." She said looking at me softly, giving me a look of pity which I shook off. I was silently crying to myself because the pain actually was unbearable, she was right. I knew it was only a matter of time before the pain actually kicked in once the morphine would where off. "Faith I'm sorry, but I was just checking. Obviously it's that serious, and you realize I only put one finger on your leg and pushed softly, yet yelped in pain like I was grappling you in a wresting match." I blushed in embarrassment as I looked down ashamed of appearing so weak and pathetic.

"I'm sorry." I spoke softly before averting my attention back to the new movie playing. I didn’t want to be bothered at the moment, and I felt like shutting everyone and everything thing out so I could just be in my own state of mind. I soon found that to be difficult when random thought of… him… began to fill my mind. Strangely though, I found a sense of bliss from the thoughts, and soon starting to doze off. Before I fell asleep I quietly heard Carmen speak- mainly for herself to hear though.

"You have to open up to someone eventually." She whispered…I pushed her words to back of my mind, and began to let him consume my darkened mind.

------

I love you guys, please, don’t let anybody bring you down if you are going through something. Life gets better I promise J- I know how cliché that sounds but it’s true. I have been doing some major editing, and this is definitely a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, since I wrote so much… and it just isn’t making since at all… Basically im just doing some major editing, but it will and shall be done

~Domi