Music Practice and Betrayal

Faith's P.O.V.***

I woke up on the couch with Carmen lying on the other side. I giggled quietly to myself as I looked at the way she slept. She had her legs on the head of the couch, and her head was hanging off the edge while she snored obnoxiously loud. I attempted to wake her up by shaking her softly, but she continued to snore on. My last idea was risky, but I decided to do it anyways. "Carmen!" I screamed loudly in her ear, then quickly got up and ran into the kitchen as she fell off the couch. She followed behind seconds later, and if looks could kill, let’s just say they would be hosting my funeral right now.

"Never wake 'me' up when I'm sleeping." She said sternly, adding emphases on the 'me’. I nodded, still giggling to myself, then looking down at the table with two plates on it wrapped in plastic, along with a note in between the two.

Carmen,

I made breakfast for you and Faith. I left to go grocery shopping and your brother came along with me. We should be back in 3-4 hours since I also have some errands to run.

Love, Mom

"Well I am going shopping, are you going to come?" She asked after reading the note out loud, looking at me while grabbing a piece of bacon from her plate. I shook my head softly and looked at my phone.

"No, sorry. I have an assignment, actually two I need to work on with Harry." I quietly replied, giving her my best 'sorry' look. I ran upstairs after eating my breakfast and looked through Carmen's wardrobe since she said I could borrow a pair of her clothes. After a while of looking through her huge closet, I settled on a white pair of skinny jeans and a white shirt that said 'Music is my Boyfriend'. I pulled out a pair light pink of VANS and walked to the bathroom.  I looked at my reflection in the mirror and slightly grimaced while sighing. At least my lip was now back to regular, but it had a small cut on it. My left-eye was a light shade of purple, but still noticeable. I covered it up as best as I could. I didn't realize that my arms were open, revealing a few small cuts on them, and I quickly covered them by pulling down the sleeves. Once I finished, I ran down stairs to see no one there.

"Well good-bye to you too." I said, voice oozing in sarcasm as I grabbed my bag and exited the house, wondering how it was going to be locked. I received a text from an unknown number, but my best guess is it’s from Harry, since the person texted me their address and told me to bring my things. A part of me was looking forward to this, and that’s what scared me. I bit my lip in thought as I continued to walk to Harry’s house, taking in the scenes around me. I finally made it to his lovely house, and was greeted by a nice lady who I presumed was Harry's mum.

"Hi, I'm Anne Styles, Harry's mother. Come on in." She said very sweetly gesturing for me to walk inside. She gave birth to Harry? I thought quietly to myself, but felt bad. Well, maybe Harry has a sweet side to him too. I shot my thoughts down as I quickly thanked her.

"Thank you, Mrs. Styles. It's nice to meet you, I'm Faith Evans." I smiled back as her features brightened even more when I said my name.

"You’re Faith! Harry couldn't stop talking about you since... well forever." She gushed happily to me as I blushed. Harry talks about me?

"Does he say good things?" I ask, voice in a bit of a panic as I look into her eyes. She giggles softly and nods her head.

"Honey, everything he says about you is very good, sweet even. ‘She’s so bea-" She was trying to say but was interrupted by Harry.

"That's enough of that mom." He quickly shooed his mum away, he cheeks a bright red as he scratched the back of his neck. A part of me wondered what she was going to say, but another part of me wondered if Harry was just telling her those things to cover up his tracks.