There's a Reason...

Zayn's P.O.V.***

I invited Carmen, to spend a few nights over at my beach house with me. It's Spring Break, and we have 2 weeks off to ourselves. She finally came and rung the doorbell. I opened the door to be engulfed into a hug by the girl I missed even though I saw her a few hours ago.

"I missed you babe." I said sweetly as she smiled and looked up at me.

"I missed you more." She tried to fight back playfully.

"That's impossible."

"Is it. Is it really?" I smiled at her point and kissed her softly on the lips. 

"You can go put your bags in the spare room... Unless you want to share a room with me." I smirked as she laughed and nodded.

"I don't mind either way." She kissed my cheek and walked off to the spare room. I walked behind her quietly as she began to unpack and I watched from behind. When her whole back was turned I ran behind her and lifted her in my arms then ran into the back of the house.

"Zayn put me down!" She yelled as she harshly hit my back. This girl can throw some hits. I ignored it though.

"Are you sure you want me to put you down?" I questioned with a smirk on my face as I stared at the warm pool of water in front of us.

"Throw me in the pool and it's your head. Boyfriend or not!" I laughed and sat her down in front of me. She tried to walk off angry but I grabbed her hand and pulled her back in front of me where I kissed her warm lips. She was shocked at first but then she kissed back and wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled against her lips as they sent shocks through my whole body. We pulled apart for a breath as she leaned her head into my chest. She gasped as my heart beat speed up.

"Do I really have that effect on you." She smiled as she looked up at me. I nodded and intertwined our fingers.

"Every time we touch, I get this feeling I never got with any other girl." I told her truthfully. I hope I get to have Carmen around with me for a long time.

"I feel it too." She smiled as she looked at me in the eyes. "But now you have to be truthful with me." She said a bit worried. I nodded and waited for her question. "You seem as though you hate Faith without any reason... Why is that?" I closed my eyes as the flash back from the night.

Flashback***

Younger Zayn's P.O.V.***

"When are my mum and dad coming back?" She smiled and hugged me. Worry flashed through her eyes but she passed it off.

"Don't worry sweetie. They... um... just went out for some fun. That's why I'm here. To make sure your ok and protect you." I smiled and hugged her. A tear slipped from her eyes and I used my small hands to wipe them away. She kissed my forehead and smiled. "You are so sweet Zaynie." I laughed and let out a small yawn. "Someone's sleepy. Come on. Let's go to bed sweetie." I nodded as I rubbed my eyes.

***1 hour later

What is that noise outside? Maybe it's my mum and dad! I ran downstairs hoping to be greeted by my parents but I was a bit surprised when I saw a police officer. I looked over and found my aunt. She was crying horribly and I sat by her to give her some comfort. She saw me and ran over and grabbed me tightly in a hug. I was so confused.

"What happened? Why is there a police officer here?" I asked my aunt but it made her cry even harder.

"The impact killed them." The man in the suit said as there were more outside with the same outfit on. "In the process of the two cars colliding both the Maliks and the Evans were killed. Except for there daughter Faith. It was a surprise how she survived, but "there are reasons why things happen" the old saying goes." When these words came out tears began to slip out of my eyes. I ran outside to the ambulance in front of our house. This can't be true! It just can't! The tears fell harder once I saw the body bags along with the little girl sitting on a seat as they cleaned up her legs. This was all Faith's fault. This was all her parents fault. It's all there fault. The tears fell harder as my legs suddenly went limp and I fell on my knees. Revenge is a dish best served cold. She won't know what hit her.

End Flashback***

I found myself crying once I finished the flashback as was Carmen. She run up and hugged me and I tightly hugged her back.

"Zayn. You can't blame Faith our her parents because of that cause. She was merely your age, and her parent were hit on impact and killed too." She sniffed as she tried to reason with me but I shook my head.

"Not only did her parent kill mine, but she took Harry and Liam from me, but that's fine. If they want to be with her, then they can get treated like her." I simply said as I stared at her in the eyes. She sighed and shook her head.

"How can you say that? They left you because they were tired of the way you were treating an innocent gir-"

"SHE NOT INNOCENT!" I yelled enraged. I ran my hand through my hair and took a seat on the bed as the tears fell silently. She slowly walked over to me with worry in her eyes. She stopped when she was a small distance away causing me to laugh. "I'm not going to bit Carmen." I smiled as she did.

"That's the only reason you hate Faith though?" She said and I froze. Was it the only reason? I never really like her from the beginning honestly. There's just something I never really liked about her.

"No, not really." I answered simply as she sighed once more.

"Remember, I'm your girlfriend." Yeah, pull the girlfriend card.... "You can tell me anything." I nodded my head and stood up to were I was now in front of her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she rested her head on my chest. 

"I promise. Now, do you want to go to the beach." She jumped with excitement and I was shocked but laughed at her and her reaction.

"I LOVE THE BEACH!" She said excited and I smiled. I love seeing her happy. With that she ran off into the bathroom with her bathing suit and once she came back I gasped. She was wearing this really pretty blue bathing suit with bows on the side. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." She smirked at me causing me to snap my eyes back to hers. My cheeks were a deep shade of red and I went to the bathroom to change once I grabbed my shorts. I walked out shirtless with now Carmen staring at my abs. I laughed and she snapped her eyes up to me. "What! I couldn't resist! You've got the hottest abs." She said as her cheeks went red.

"Sure, sure let's go." I laughed as I grabbed the beach bags. I pulled my t-shirt over my head and she pulled on her shorts and t-shirt. As we began to walk I noticed the attention she was receiving for other guys and jealousy flashed through my body. I wrapped my arms around her waist and continued to walk along with Carmen.

"Aww. Zaynie's jealous! So cute." I rolled my eyes at her comment and we finally found a good spot along the beach for us to put our things down. I sat the two towels out along the sand and took my shirt off. Carmen took her shirt and her shorts off and sat her bag down by her towel. She ran and I found myself chasing after her. She was heading towards the water and I stopped once I reached it to were the water crashed against my feet. I stared at the waves and how Carmen was waiting for me to enter the water. "Aww are you afraid to wet your hair too?" She said playfully but I just sighed. 

"I can't swim..." I looked at her and she walked back up to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me into the water but I stood my ground.

"Zayn you trust me don't you." I nodded as my breath hitched. "Then you can trust me now. Just hold onto my hand." She promised me and I gripped her hand strongly. I moved through the water uncomfortably but I found comfort once I remembered I was hold Carmen's hand. "Now go underwater." She instructed but I denied.

"No way." I shook my head but she looked at me with her puppy dog eyes. I sighed and gave in. "Fine."  I closed my eyes but before I could enter the crystal blue water Carmen stopped me.

"Keep your eyes open. The ocean won't hurt you. This is freshwater after all." I sighed and opened my eyes and went under the water. I saw many beautiful fish float by and the Carmen was underwater with me. She placed her hands on my neck and placed a kiss on my lips. I smiled once we pulled apart and went up for air.

"Carmen I have something to tell you." She nodded her head and waited for my response. I took in a shaky breath and waited for her response. "I-I, I'm in love with you." She gasped and gave me the biggest smile. She placed her lips on mine and kissed me sweetly. It got intense and I licked her lips asking for entrance which she granted. She then pulled away causing me to moan and frown.

"I'm in love with you too Zayn." I smiled and kissed her sweetly on the lips again. I lifted her bridal style as she laughed and yelled and I dunked her underwater as we fought playfully under the water.