after hours

"Alright y/n. I'm heading out for the night. Please close up shop. Clean up, turn on the security system, and don't forget-"
"To turn the lights off. Got it boss. See ya."
"That's why you're my favorite employee. See you tomorrow morning y/n."

I was working at a local smoothie shop, just to make a little extra money. It was honestly one of my favorite cash grabs I had ever done. The staff was so kind, and the consumers always tipped generously. What more could I ask for?

As I was wiping off the counter top, I hear the bell on top of the door open. "I'm so sorry, we're closing up." I say, not even looking up from the dish rag. "Oh my bad. I didn't read the hours on the door. I'll go." I finally look up and was in shock with what I saw. There in front of me stood a tall, lanky boy, with messy dark curls, and the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen. He was wearing grey sweats and a white T-shirt. His facial structure was made by the gods. The most attractive man I've ever seen.

I wasn't proud of what I did next, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to connect with this mystery man. "Actually... stay. I'll make you a smoothie on the house! How's that sound?"
The man walks closer to cash register, trying to get a better look at me. "You'd really do that.." he reads my name tag to finish his sentence: "y/n?"
"It's my pleasure. Truly."
"Why thank you! Well in that case, I'll take a medium strawberry and banana smoothie please."
"Coming right up."
I smile and start chopping the fruit for his smoothie.

"I love that name of yours y/n. It kind of just rolls off the tongue."
The man takes a seat in front of the counter, gazing at me while I make his drink.
"You really think? Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"
"I don't mind at all. My name's Timothée Chalamet."
"Oh wow." I pause.
"What's the matter?"
"Nothing. Your name is just really... beautiful."
"I don't think so. But that's very sweet of you.
I shrug my shoulders. "Well, I mean it."

We sit in a comfortable silence as I'm finishing up his smoothie, Timothée just taking in his environment."

A random rush of confidence runs through my veins. "Can I say something in all honesty?" I ask. "Go for it!" Timothée declares. "I'm pretty sure your the most gorgeous person I've ever locked eyes with. I wanted to get that out of way before this goes any further."
I look back down at the smoothie maker as to not face any rejection that might be coming my way. "Can I say something in all honesty now?"
"Uh sure." I gulp, scared of what is to come next. "I feel the same about you. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I knew that you guys were closed, but I saw your face through the window, and thought to give it a try anyways. I had to get a chance to talk to you."

My heart flutters at these words. "What a charmer you are Timothée." I blush, putting the smoothie ingredients into the blender."
"Please y/n, call me Timmy."
"Alright. Timmy it is."

Right before I turn on the blender, I warn him. "This thing gets really fucking loud. Might wanna protect your ears."
"Advice noted. Thank you."
"Anytime."
I nod, and began blending his smoothie. I can see from his face, that he was surprised about how loud the blender actually was. I come over to him, and place my hands around his ears,
to stop the sound from transferring. Timmy cups his hands on top of mine, looking directly into my eyes. This moment lasts for a minute or two, tension growing between us. "Let me turn the blender off." I shout.
I take my hands off his ears, and turn it off. I grab a medium sized cup, a top, and a straw. I impressively grab the blender, throw the smoothie in the cup, put on the lid, and insert the straw; all in one swoop.

"Damn. How'd you learn how to do that y/n?"
"I just made a smoothie Timmy." I said, laughing at how impressed he was. "Well, looked pretty impressive to me, if I do say so myself."
"Thank you anyways. Here ya go! One strawberry banana smoothie, on the house."
"Thank you very much y/n."
"Don't question it. Really. Pleasures all mine." I smile.

"I know I'm being a pain, But can I drink this here? Maybe we could talk a bit more? If not that's okay-"
"Timmy... I don't know if I can.. I have to close down-"
"I'll be super quick, I swear!"
"Oh fine. You've convinced me.
"Yayyyy!" Timothée moves his chair closer to me and starts slurping his drink. "Is it good?"
"It's delicious! The perfect ratio between strawberry and banana." I giggle at him. "So glad you enjoy."

As he finished up his drink we had a really nice conversation. We talked about our hobbies, favorite movies, hopes and dreams; all the get-to-know-you shit. I was completely in awe by Timothée, and it was clear he felt the same way about me. "Welp this has been lovely. Truly. But, I really have to close up shop. My manager will kill me if she finds out that I didn't close up yet."
Timothée sighs. "I suppose I knew this time would come eventually." He then digs into his wallet and pulls out a 20 dollar tip. "I can't take that."
"It's twenty bucks. I insist."
"I guess I'll accept. Thank you very much Timmy."
"Anytime."
I come closer to him and peck him on the cheek. Timothée pulls me closer and whispers something in my ear. "I left a napkin by the counter. Please read it when I go."
"Your wish is my command."
Timmy pecks me on the cheek one more time, and gets up.

"Well, I guess I'll be heading out. Pleasure meeting you y/n."
"Likewise Timothée."
"Don't forget about that napkin!" Timmy says walking out of the shop. "Never." The door rings. And like that, the beautiful boy is gone.

I make sure that he's gone, and run to the napkin he was insisting about. I absolutely melt at the contents on the paper.

You're really cute. Here's my number. We should hang out soon. Xoxo- Chalamet
Ps. thanks for the free smoothie <3.

I quickly put his number into my phone and text him: hi cutie. I'd love to hang out sometime.

A/N: I love this lol.

mood cus it's literally been below freezing every day this week where I'm living 🥶

I love you.