Chapter Sixteen - For The First Time

For The First Time by The Script
"She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart, while I'm drinking jack all alone in a local bar..."

     They were all crowding around Harry's bed now, the awkward tension filling the room making them all shift a little bit uncomfortably.  It wasn't a surprise to Eleanor when she found out that Harry didn't like her.  In fact, it was to be expected.  This, however, was enough to make her jaw drop because wow, she had definitely not been expecting that of all things.  Plot twist, much?

"Wait... you're gay?"  She exclaimed, staring at Louis with her eyes the side of saucers.

"I... well, sort of.  Yeah."  He stuttered, fumbling with his hands anxiously.

"And you're with -- with Harry?"

"Don't act so surprised."  Harry spoke up for the first time since they'd settled down onto his bed, annoyance clear in his voice.

"I'm not, I mean -- I'm just-"

"Just shut up, El."  Louis cackled in amusement, shifting his foot out to nudge the girl in the knee.  Harry seemed to stiffen at the movement, his eyebrows scrunching together so that a scowl etched itself across his facial features.  "Right, we need your help."  He began again, clearing his throat and moving his hand around to rest it on his boyfriend's knee as if in reassurance, "See, Management won't let us be together -- go figure -- so we're going to be together in secret.  But, erm, we sort of need a beard.  Do you think that you could... just until you find someone or something?"  He asked hopefully, his cerulean-blue eyes twinkling with hopefulness.

Eleanor seemed taken aback by the proposition, flipping his brown, wavy hair back and blinking her thick, black eyelashes, "So... you want me to be your beard?"  She questioned, "To cover your guys' relationship?"

"Yes."  Harry rumbled from his position beside Louis, "But don't -- he's mine."  He insisted fiercely, crooking his arm around the boy's waist to drag him until he was practically on his lap.

The girl scoffed, rolling her eyes and sighing as she waved the two off, "Yeah, alright.  Calm down, I'm not going to steal my ex-boyfriend back from his boyfriend.  Besides, he's gay anyways."

"Well -- bi-sexual."  Louis corrected from where his face was pressed against the crook of Harry's neck.

"Whatever."  Eleanor groaned, pushing herself up off the bed and reaching over to pat the blue-eyed boy's hair sweetly.

"Mine."  Harry growled.  His green eyes were glinting with obvious jealous as he nosed against the side of Louis' face, peppering his face in affectionate kisses.  With that, Eleanor was rolling her eyes and strolling away with her heels clicking against the hardwood floors.

"Well that wasn't very nice, Harold.  She is helping us after all, the least you could do is be nice."  Louis side, straightening himself up and trying to squirm out of his partner's firm, restricting grasp.

"But you're mine.  I don't want her all over you."  Harry mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows together to reveal his obvious disapproval of the entire situation.

"It's not like we have a choice, Harry.  Stop acting as if you fucking own me."  The eldest one snapped in irritation.  At this point, he'd managed to slip out of Harry's arms and was now hovering by the edge of the bed, "I'm not some toy."

"Lou, I didn't mean it like that.  I'm just... she's your ex.  I trust you, don't get me wrong, but I don't trust her, you know?"  He sighed, running a hand through his tousled curls in frustration.

"Well you wouldn't have this problem if you at least tried to like her."

"Don't be a prick."

"Don't be so bloody judgmental."

"I'm not!"  Harry protested, crossing his arms over his chest in defiance.

"Yes, you are.  You're not even making an effort to like Eleanor when she's doing us a fucking favor.  Grow up, Harry."  Louis scoffed, already turning and retreating from the room.

"You're the one who's always told us not to grow up.  Fucks sake, would you stop running, Louis?"  Shoving himself off of the mattress, he caught his partner's wrist in his hand and spun him around to face him, "Alright, fine.  I'll... I'll try to like her.  I'm sorry."  Harry sighed, dropping his hold on the boy's wrist almost as quickly as he'd grasped it.

Louis mimicked Harry and sighed, raking a free hand through his hair, "Right, yeah.  Okay."  He mumbled, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against his boyfriend's shoulder, "I'm sorry too.  Everything is just so stressful right now."

"I know, love."  The Cheshire bloke crooned, carding his hand through Louis' hair and tugging on the stray strands lightly that were laced between his nimble fingers, "Let's go back downstairs.  I'm just Paul and Will will be pleased if you and Eleanor state that you two are together already."  He mumbled, as if he were reluctant to say those words.

"S'alright."  Louis assured Harry, pressing the palm of his hand against the boy's cheek and rubbing at it soothingly.  With a quick peck on the lips, he was reeling around on his heels and striding out of the room with his boyfriend hot on his heels.

     Eleanor and Louis were currently squashed together on one of the love seats, casting the occasional glance at each other and causing Harry's blood to literally boil.  He was beyond furious and he wasn't even trying to hide it anymore.  Paul and Will had already left the room and he really didn't see why Louis had to sit next to his 'girlfriend' when they were watching Lady and the Tramp.  It was supposed to be their movie, their snuggling session, but nope.  Of course not.  All because of fucking Management.

"I'm going to bed."  Harry finally muttered, despite the fact that it had to only be around 8 or 9 PM.  He pushed himself off of the lonely sofa, ducking out of the living room and up the steps that led to his and Louis' room.  However, he had to stop himself in his tracks when he realized that oh, Eleanor's stuff is here.  He back-tracked, blinking at the two purple suitcases lined up along the wall in astonishment and feeling his mouth open and close before he was slumping back against the doorframe.  Harry buried his face into his hands, taking a couple deep, shaky breaths and turning around to flee across the hall into his own room this time.  He burst inside, already in a state of a wreck and tossing himself onto the bed with tears streaking down his face in a hurry.  Already, he couldn't believe the fact that everything had changed so quickly.  He expected it to be hard, of course, but this?  This was unbelievable.  Louis had moved on from him so fast that it was shocking and it broke Harry's heart.  He hated it.  Hated him, hated Management, hated Eleanor.  He hated everyone right then and there because he was literally breaking him and his boyfriend up.  Tearing them apart.

And it really wasn't a surprise when Louis didn't come in to check up on him.

And he expected to hear the late night chatter.

What he didn't expect, though, was to hear those horrid, muffled moans.

"And we don't know how we got into this mad situation, only doing things out of frustration..."

(( A/N: Yeah... go ahead and kill me now... there's about to be a shitton of angst, guys.  Haha, sucks for you <333333  Sorry for the short chapter, btw.  I kind of hate it, but... :/  Anyways, lots of loveeee, Alyciaaa_1D .xoxo ))