Chapter Five - Save My Heart

Save My Heart (by Jason Reeves) - Harry's PoV

     I walked down the sides of the street, the lamps along the edges of the road burning down to illuminate an eerie glow on the sidewalk.  I was heading off in the direction of the flat of the only person who could help me right now - Liam's.  My feet kicked up some loose gravel from the sidewalk, my fists buried deep into my jogger pockets.  Eyebrows knitted together and lips pursed, I was sure that my face was a full-blown frown by now.  I liked Louis, I really did - but I couldn't shake the feeling off that he wasn't exactly... ready.  I doubt he even knew what he was doing; probably a 'heat-of-the-moment' thing?  I sighed, shaking my curls out and feeling them flop luxuriously against my forehead and fall in front of my eyes.  Brushing them away so they were swept to the side, I turned up the pathway that led to Liam's door.  Knocking on it rapidly, it swung open a heartbeat later to reveal a ruffled-looking Niall.  I raised an eyebrow, but put my hand out to stop his explanation, "I really don't want to know."  He casted me a sheepish grin, opening the door further to let me in.  Stepping through the frame, I strolled into the living room where Liam was positioned, eyes unfocused as he stared at the telly.  I snapped my fingers in front of his face, causing the older boy to blink and glance up at me.

" 'Aye, mate.  I, erm, need to talk to you..."  My voice trailed off unsurely, glancing at Niall uneasily.  I wasn't sure if I was comfortable with both of the lads' listening to my troubles.

"Huh?  Oh, sure.  Niall, why don't you order Nando's for us?"  Liam offered, glancing up at the Irish lad who nodded eagerly and skipped off.

"Okay, s'wrong?"  Lee slurred lazily, leaning back against the couch cushions and propping his feet up on the table.

I took a deep breath, rushing out the words that were heaving a weight down on my shoulders, "I found out what's wrong with Louis, but I can't tell you - and then Louis turned around and say he was gay and he kissed me and he ran off and now I have no idea what to do because I think I like him but he just... he just..."  I rushed out without taking a breath, my voice trailing off towards the end.  He's just what?  He's just confused?  Hurt?  Lost?

"Woah, hang on a second there Haz,"  Liam sat up straighter now, seeing to sober up a bit.  "You found out what happened to Louis?  Louis kissed you?  He's gay?  What?"  Confusion was clearly plastered on his facial expression.

"Yes, yes, and yes!  I don't know what to do.  Help me, Leeyum."  I cried, throwing myself into his arms in search of comfort.  Liam wrapped his strong arms around me, rubbing my arms up and down soothingly.

"Shh, Haz.  Slow down and tell me everything."  He mumbled in my ear.  I inhaled, huffing out a loud breath of hair before replied slowly.

"Okay, Louis was going out yesterday.  While he was out, I just... I had to find out what was wrong with him.  So, I went through his stuff and found a folder.  It.. I can't tell you what it said, but it was terrible Liam.  He found me, but he explained everything and we were just.. everything was going good!  We woke up this morning and everything was fine.  I was getting on so well with him again, and we were like best mates again.  Then he... then he kissed me.  I don't know what to do, Liam.  He ran off when I didn't kiss back."  I wailed, burying my face into my hands as I spoke.  The older boy rubbed my back soothingly, and I could tell he was thinking of what to say.

"Haz, look at me."  I rubbed my nose, glancing up to meet his soft, puppy-brown eyes.  "Louis' extremely lost and confused right now.  He needs a best friend.  He needs love and comfort.  I think that's what you should be giving him.  You shouldn't have left him, Lou's fragile.  You know that better than anyone."  My head shot up, eyes widening in realization as I clambered off of Liam's lap.