Chapter Twenty - Boyfriend (last chapter / Sequel is Outlawed Runaways)

Boyfriend by Justin Bieber
"If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go.  I can take you places you ain't never been before..."

     Harry wasn't one to rush into things.  He liked to take his time and think things through, and so perhaps that was the reason as to why he was currently having a mental breakdown inside of his mind.  Everything was so confusing, and the kiss with Louis hadn't even fixed anything.  At all.  It had just given him another reason to push him away, but of course - he was weak.  Louis was his weakness.  He'd managed to wrap himself around him like a fog; the vines of his love curling around his thumping heart and burying himself in behind it.  It was torture.  They say heartbreak is like a broken rib; nobody can see it, but it's still there and it hurts when you breathe.

That was a lie.

It was worse.  Much, much worse.

It was Louis' little burial in behind his heart had somehow grown thorns, the vines turning venomous and seeping the poison through his veins.  It was like it hurt to move; to blink.  Every breath was stuttery and ragged, and that was just because of the fact that he'd just kissed him.  After nearly a year, he'd kissed him again.  Even after cheating on him, tearing his heart out and leaking the leftover love that they'd once shared into his veins for him to carry with him at all times.  It was horrible, and Harry just wanted it to stop.

So why is he running away with Louis?  If he was honest, he hadn't got a fucking clue.  He was leaving Nick, his friends, his family, hisbrothers, his life behind.  But he couldn't say no to Louis.  Even when he'd been begging for him to stay the other day, he'd been so close to saying yes and rushing back into his arms, but no.  He can't do that.  Never, ever could do that.  And yet, here he is again.  Under Louis' watchful gaze as he tossed the remains of his articles of clothing into the last of his suitcases.  They were ditching the cars, renting a large white van under some fake licenses that Louis had managed to slip (apparently, he had quite a few 'friends' who were in that business).  As he dropped the last shirt into the black suitcase and zipped it up tight, Harry's murky-green gaze flickered up to meet Louis' cerulean-blue one that had been watching him ever since he'd finished packing for himself as well.

"Ready, H?"  Louis guesses, already pushing himself up to his feet.

"Harry."  The younger boy muttered in reply, hauling his suitcases up and sinking his teeth into the flesh of his bottom lip.  It's just a roadtrip, they're gonna be okay.  We're both going to be fine.

Of course, his lame attempts to calm himself down were enough to etch another frown onto his facial features until Louis was cupping his chin in one hand to press a messy kiss to the curve of his jawbone.

"Lou, stop."  Harry muttered, twisting his head around in his grasp and averting his gaze elsewhere.  He didn't want to deal with this.  Not right now, anyways.

"Harry, we need to-"

"We don't need to do anything.  Let's just go before I change my mind."  Harry snaps back sharply, successfully shutting Louis as he merely shakes his head with a small sigh and retreated from his ex's bedroom.

Harry runs a hand through his curls in frustration, tugging at the thick strands and drawing in a deep breath to stop himself from just fleeing now.  He wasn't going to just forgive Louis like that, but he wasn't going to turn around and run away from the problem either.  Unlike him, Harry at least had some dignity and refused to run away from his problems any longer.  Well... not like that, anyways.  Sure, him and Louis were actually running away, but they'd be back.  Some day.  And the boys would be -- they'd be fine.

"Harry, we need to go."  Louis calls quietly through the door, knocking a couple times and breaking Harry out of his momentary, internal crisis.

"Right, I-okay, coming."  The curly-haired boy stuttered, curling his hands around the handle of his two suitcases and taking a deep breath.  With a final glance around his tidy room and another deep breath, he was hauling his things out of the room.  They'd left a small note on the fridge that simply stated:

'We're sorry, but we can't do this anymore.
We'll be back some day.  Promise!

- Lou and H xx'

And, well, that had been it.  Nothing else.  It's not like they could really explain themselves anyways.  They were running away from everything.  Their families, their fans, their best friends, their lives.

Okay so maybe they were a little bit (a lot) insane for doing this, but they were young.  They weren't made for lying, they were made for loving.  Even if they had worked things out at their flat, it wouldn't have stopped the fact that Management wouldn't have allowed them to be together.  It wasn't fair.

     This was such a bad idea.  A bad, bad idea.  Harry was about to rip his hair out, and Louis was pretty sure that he was about to go insane from not being able to touch him.  He was driving, both of them wearing their sunglasses to keep themselves looking somewhat normal and not like a couple of teenage runaways.  It was worse than just a runaway though, because Harry wouldn't even look at him.  Wouldn't touch, look, talk -- nothing.  It was enough to make Louis' fingers itch with apprehension because it had never been this bad before.  Neither one of them had ever let it even get close to that point.  They'd always been... well, good with that kind of stuff.  Not anymore, though.  Not now.

"Harry, please, I'm really sorry.  You know that, right?"  Louis tried again, his gaze flickering from the road back to Harry before he was straightening himself up again.  "Please?"

"God dammit, Louis.  I said that I can't just forgive you on the spot.  We're going to have to work through this together, alright?"  Harry snapped right back, slamming the palm of his hand against the passenger door's handle.  "Now, where the fuck are we going first?  Out of London, and not to Cheshire or Doncaster either."  He said, biting his tongue afterwards because Louis' expression crumbled in defeat and it made him feel a small twinge of guilty satisfaction for some odd reason.

"We could... erm, there's a couple of towns east of Doncaster.  They're small and most of the roads lead deeper into Europe."  Louis sighed, caving in and pressing his foot down a little bit harder on the gas pedal as if that would help to solve his problems.

It didn't.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, pushig his curls out of his forehead and sucking on his bottom lip unsurely for a long while before finally speaking up again.  "Yeah, a'ight."  He mumbled quietly, drawing in a deep breath and shaking his head in disbelief for at least the third time that day.  "So we've just run away... what now, Louis?"

"Baby, take a chance or you'll never ever know.  I got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow..."

(( A/N:  ANDDDDD that concludes Helpless ;D.  The Sequel to this story has already been posted, so you can check that out.  It's called 'Outlawed Runaways'.  I also have another story going that's not related to Helpless at all, but it's a Larry Stylinson story, and it's called 'The Danger Zone' if you wanna check that out too.  Anyways, thank you guys so much for all of the support through out this whole book.  It was incredible and I love you all omfg<33333333333 ))