Chapter Nine - Skin

Skin (by SIXX AM) - Harry's PoV

     I was shaken awake by large, rough hands - sending my head flying up as I scrambling around in my seat.  Glancing up, I met Paul's comforting eyes as he raised an eyebrow at me, "We're about to land.  Wake Louis up while I get Zayn."  He ordered.  I nodded, scrunching my face up as I yawned.  Turning my head to watch Louis in his current fetal position as he slept.  A small smile tugged itself out across my lips as I extended my arms out to wrap them around his torso.  Brushing the pads of my fingers against his forehead to remove the stray strands of chestnut hair, I felt him stir slightly under my touch.

"C'mon, love.  It's time to wake up.  We're about to land."  I murmured quietly into his ear, showering his cheek and temple in innocent kisses.

"Mm.. not yet.. tired."  Louis muttered, hunching further over so his head was rested against my chest.  Smiling softly at him, I continued to whisper sweet nothings into his ear until the older boy eventually blinked his eyes open.  His blue eyes were blurred with sleep, a look of confusion crossing over his face as he took in his surroundings.

"Boo, we're about to land.  Sit up and put your seatbelt on."  I murmured, shifting him so he was rested back up against his seat.  He muttered some slurred, incoherent words - fumbling with his seatbelt as he clicked it over himself.

I offered him a small smile, which he vaguely returned; attention drawn to the seat in front of him.  I could tell that he was in deep thought, as usual, and I accepted that without thought.  Louis needed some time to himself, and I would give it to him.  When he was ready - he would talk to me.

I felt the plane begin to descend downwards, the wings rattling as we swooped down towards the airport.  Glancing out the window, I noticed that it was just the crack of dawn and wondered briefly how long we had been travelling for - pursing my lips where I remembered that I couldn't have my phone to even check the time.  With a loud sigh, I let my head fall back against the seat and closed my eyes - the loud sounds and vibrations of us landing drowning my senses.  As soon as we landed, we were ushered out of the plane by Paul and Will, both of them slightly paranoid.  I assumed they were nervous that some random fans would pop out of no where and attack us, though I doubted it since this island was so damn tiny.  Apparently, there were just over 100, 000 people - out of the entire island.

     We were brought to a glossy black SUV, the windows tinted and nearly impossible to see inside.  Zayn, Liam, and Niall all plonked themselves down into the back three seats - Louis and I sitting in the front two while Paul drove with Will in the passenger seat.  The car ride there was utterly silent, and the tension in the air could literally be cut with a butter knife.  I cleared my throat awkwardly, only just realizing how broken One Direction really was.  We hardly spoke to each other now-a-days, and now we couldn't even crack a joke between each other?  We used to be like brothers, now we're as good as strangers.

I think that all seven of us let out a sigh of relief when the large mansion came into view.  It was three stories and painted a bright white to lighten the mood.  It had eight bedrooms and two bathrooms on the third floor, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen on the second floor; and a basement along with a music room on the first floor.  Out back was an outdoor swimming pool, a sauna, and a perfect view of the seaside.  Four of the eight bedrooms also had balcony's, and I knew almost immediately that we were going to be fighting for them.  So, without hesitation, I snatched up Louis' hand - leaving our luggage for Paul or Will to take - and dragged him up the stairs.

"Ow, Haz.  What are you-"

"Balcony's."  I stated simply, pushing the first bedroom door open and grinning when I noticed it was the one with a balcony.