Chapter One - Echo

Echo - Harry's PoV

I made my way to the front door of my ex-best mate's flat.  My suitcase was at my side, and my duffle bag was slung lazily over my shoulder.  I don't exactly know why I agreed to be the one to help Louis, but I did and I wasn't exactly regretting it right now.  I mean, I was nervous as hell and had no clue what I was going to walk into... but I wasn't regretting any of this.  I wanted to help Louis, and help him I shall.  He's been so damn reserved for the past 9 months, and Simon had finally had enough of it.  He snapped, right after one of our concerts when Louis refused to take pictures with some fans.  The girls were almost in tears because they thought they'd done something wrong, and Zayn had had to soothe them - saying he hadn't gotten much sleep.

            All of us lads thought Louis was just heartbroken since Eleanor broke it off with him, but now that I think about it – he had been being completely rude to her before-hand.  He had never spoken about her like he used too, and not even two weeks later El had called me saying something about how she’d broken up with him and he’d just completely broke down.  She said she felt bad, but when she had gone to comfort him he went to hit her.  Obviously, I was surprised that my best friend had done that, considering the fact that he had never hit anyone in the three years I had known him.  I had dropped everything I was doing; rushing home to our flat to make sure my Boo was okay.  It turned out, he had already left when I arrived.  He hadn’t came home that night until 3 o’clock in the morning, too late for my liking.  I had went to yell at him for not responding to my texts, and told him how I had been worried sick, but Louis had simply told me to ‘fuck off’ and then proceeded to explain how I didn’t own him.  To say I was shocked by his statements would be an understatement; I was beyond myself.  He had never said such cruel things to me, even if he was drunk.  I hadn’t slept that night, and was a wreck in the morning.  The other boys’ had questioned me on the matter, but I simply shrugged them off and told them it was nothing.  Liam was the worst.  He was one of my closest friends since Louis had been practically dragged away 24/7 by Eleanor.  I had been annoyed at first, and often snapped at Louis, but eventually I had gotten used to it and got closer with the others lads, Ed Sheeran, and Nick Grimshaw.

            I had really gotten to know Liam, and I realized that he was probably almost as great of a friend as Louis.  Sure, I would miss always having my Boo around, but I had eventually gotten over it… I think.  I guess not, though, otherwise I wouldn’t be standing here in front of his flat.  I shook my head, my mob of curls flopping down in front of my eyelids, before sweeping them to the side with my hand and hesitantly knocking against the metal door.  I stood outside for a good two minutes before I heard some shuffling from just inside the house, and the maroon door was swung open.

“What do you want, Harry?”  Louis’ voice was cold, but that wasn’t anything I wasn’t used too.  It was always cold now a day, all the lads’ had gotten used to it by now.  I raised my eyes, my gaze flittering over his tight black skinny jeans and dark red shirt.  I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment, before meeting the Doncaster lad’s hard glare.

            I swear, every time I see him wearing that same hard face my heartbreaks a little more.  I swallowed back the lump in my throat, blinking away the tears threatening to fall.

“S-Simon told me…” I hesitated, licking my parched lips as I thought of what to say, “Simon told me I’m moving in with you.”  I stated bluntly, plastering a scowl on my face as I stared at him.  Louis didn’t move from his position at the doorway, his once-glittering blue gaze now icy.