Chapter Ten - Change My Mind [Part 3]

Change My Mind (Part 3)

     Liam had expected Harry to be upset for a few days while Louis was on temporary leave, but what he didn't expect was for the boy to suddenly barge out of the house with a determined look on his face.  It was rare, actually, to see the boy with such confusion and hurt etched to his porcelain skin.  They were all pretty close to one another so they knew how to handle things with each other well, but with this it was just different.  No one knew what was going on between Harry or Louis.  It was like some foreign language to them, and even Paul was beginning to get more than a little pissed off at the secrecy.  They just wanted to help their bandmates, but if they continued on at this rate then everything One Direction had worked so hard for would just fall and collapse on top of them.  Liam had had a feeling for a while that Harry was trying to find Louis, which was completely fine - if it wasn't for the fact that it ended in Harry going missing as well.  Again, however, none of them were exactly surprised.  Harry and Louis had been attached at the hip since the X-Factor, and even when Louis had been going through some of his troubles he had never snapped at the curly-haired boy.  Harry just knew him.  He knew what to do, when to do it, how to, and he just completely understood him.  They were like two jigsaw puzzles; able to fit perfectly with one another.  At first, though, Paul and Will were going completely insane.  They'd managed to lose two of the five members of One Direction in the first week of being here.  It was quite funny, except for the fact that they were the remaining three were the ones getting in trouble for not "realising something was wrong".  Niall had just laughed it off, as usual.  Zayn and Liam, however, took it harder than him and often pondered on whether or not it had actually been their faults.

Of course, they knew deep down that it wasn't.  Harry and Louis had their problems and they needed to sort it out for themselves.  The band couldn't help with that, but what they could have helped with was helping Louis get through the things he had gone through.  When Liam had found out that Louis had been raped - from the media - he had burst out laughing as if it were the most stupidest rumor he had ever heard of.  It was only when the files were shown that he had panicked, calling up Niall and Zayn who were all in the same rough state as him.  They were all distressed, obviously, because fuck - what if Louis really had been assaulted?  It was their job to make sure that they were all safe and if something like this had happened to their best friend without them realizing, then how should they even be able to call them all each other's best mates?  It was harsh, yes, but they all saw it as the truth.  They weren't blaming it on Louis, because it was most definitely not his fault that this had happened.  It was his fault though that he didn't tell him.  They could have helped him through it without him having to turn into a shell, but no... he'd closed himself off completely without a second thought.

It didn't offend them, really, because no one could blame him for not wanting to tell anyone.  He'd been ashamed.  Then Harry had sort of popped back up into his life, when he'd been deprived of having a friend for so long and - they're assuming - it had just slipped out.  Unfortunately, they hadn't even been able to sit down and have a real conversation with Louis and Harry because they were either running away or chasing one another.  It was getting real tiring actually, because - not only do Liam, Zayn, and Niall have no clue what the fuck was going on - Paul, Will, Simon, and the rest of Management didn't have a clue what was going on.  It was like the beginning of World War III to them.

Liam sighed, running a hand over his shaved head and groaning in pain when he brushed his nose.  Perhaps trying to calm Harry down hadn't been the smartest thing in the world.

-- Harry --

     Harry had been worried beyond sickness these past few days.  Only Paul had been hearing from the lad - by order - and he had promised to keep his resendance confidential.  Of course, it sort of sucked for Harry for a while.  For one, he had no idea where Louis was.  He'd just taken off without any sort of goodbye, not even a letter!  At first, he had been beyond pissed off at Louis along with the rest of the world because, well fuck - that had really hurt.  He'd been abandoned by his... hell, he didn't even know what to call Louis anymore.  A friend, he supposed.  Maybe not even.  Tugging at his curls in frustration, Harry shook his head back and forth.  He had no clue what he was going to do about the whole Louis problem, but he knew - first and formost - that he absolutely needed to see him.  They needed to talk about what happened before it got too bad and they ended up hating each other.  It wouldn't be good for Louis because of everything that he had gone through, and it definitely wouldn't be healthy for Harry either.  He just needed Louis.  He needed his best friend back.