Chapter Fourteen - Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
"I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you.  They try to pull me away, but they don't know the truth..."

     Niall closed the door behind him, his lips swollen from the snog session he'd just had with Liam.  He really hadn't meant for it to go so far, but everything had just been so stressful lately and it was really hard for them to keep 'Niam' a secret.  Everybody was obsessing over 'Ziam' and how everything made perfect sense for the pair, but it wasn't true.  Well, Niall hoped it wasn't.  He was aware that, yes, Zayn and Liam had once had a little thing going on, but... it had finished.  At least, that's what Liam had told him.  He took a deep breath, forcing his worries off to the side and stepping forwards to settle himself down onto the side of the bed next to Harry.  He was staring at the wall with a blank expression, as usual, and his eyelids were fluttering slightly as he fought of the tears that had been threatening to fall over for the past week.  Lifting a hand to brush it down the younger boy's arm, he watched as he sort of flinched back from the touch and glanced down at his lap.

"Hey, mate.  How are you doing?"  Niall asked softly.  He knew that it was obviously going to be quite difficult for Louis and Harry to get back to being their old selves, but he just wanted everything to be okay in the band again.  Apparently, everything was going to shit back in their 'fandom's' world and that would definitely not do.  Although everybody thought that Liam was the most thankful for their fans, it was actually Niall who loved the fans the most.  Sure, at first they had been extremely rude and thought that he should be kicked from the band, but everyone had eventually grown to love the Irish lad and he was quite confident with thanking the fans.  He nudged Harry's elbow again, urging him to just look up at him again.

"How should I be doing?  Tell me, Niall because I just - I feel numb."  The curly-haired boy whimpered, bringing his knees up to his chest.  Despite how many times Niall had seen Harry cry, this was definitely the worst because his sadness was literally tearing him apart and he was fucking helpless.

"Well... I think you should try and push everything behind you.  I mean, Louis' not doing much better than you.  I think he really just needs you.  As a friend."  The blonde added quickly, offering his best mate a small, encouraging grin, "I mean, sure you two are fucking adorable together, but Management is obviously not going to let you two be together.  I think you knew that before hand, and so did Louis, but you were just too caught up in each other to realize."  He mused quietly, raising an eyebrow in question.  Harry sighed, the carbon dioxide wooshing out from his parted lips as he nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I knew that things wouldn't work out between us."  He mumbled, dropping onto the mattress and squeezing his eyes shut.  "I wanted to believe though, y'know?  I wanted to pretend that for a little while we were okay.  Everything was okay."  Harry croaked.  Niall swallowed thickly, licking over his lips as he sat silently in thought.  Really, he had absolutely no idea how Louis and Harry were supposed to work this out, but he knew that they both had to apologize for their wrongs.

"Harry... Louis' even worse than he was before everything came out.  Just - fuck, Harry - it's really bad.  He won't stop crying and I know that you hear him at night.  Please help him."  Niall pleaded, his ocean-blue eyes filling up with tears that looked ready to topple over.

Now, Harry was easy to give in.  Just a small pout and he'd give up on whatever it was that one of his friends wanted.  Especially for one of his band mates.  So, perhaps that was one of the reasons why he accepted after sneaking a quick glance at the Irish boy, "Okay."  He finally sighed, slumping down and burying his face in his over-sized hands.

With a satisified grin, Niall was wrapping his arms fully around the curly-haired bloke and pulling him into one of his famous 'Horan Hugs'.  Harry immediately melted into the warm embrace, sighing and nuzzling against him kindly, "Love you, Nialler."  He mumbled under his breath.  Niall chuckled, his chest vibrating with the movement and generously offering the youngster a lopsided grin.