❈ Chapter Twenty-One: A Chance

"Donghyuck! Didn't we agree not to actually punch Jaemin?!" Renjun shrieks at the tanned male whilst smacking him on the arm.

The younger boy winces at the treatment he was getting and raises a brow, "we did?" Earning him another smack on the back of his head this time.

Ignoring the other two, Jisung face palms as a sigh escapes his lips. "You know Jeno hyung is going to get mad at us, right?"

"Why would he?" Chenle makes a weird face at him, "we just taught Jaemin hyung a lesson, that's all." Shrugging his shoulders in nonchalance.

"Nah, Jisung is right– once Jeno sees Jaemin's bruise, he'll go berserk on us no matter what. You know he can be too nice." Mark purses his lips whilst glancing at a still frowning and wincing Jaemin.

"But it's not like we bullied him." Donghyuck gestures towards Jaemin, getting a glare in return, especially when he was the one who landed a punch on his face very unexpectedly.

Even to the others, hence why Renjun freaked out.

"Seems like it, though." Jisung pinches the bridge of his nose. Already knowing the consequences of this mishap.

Honestly, they were just talking to Jaemin. Confronting him and spilling everything, though they know Jeno told them not to, it's for the better anyways.

But then, it came to the point Donghyuck finally punched Jaemin in frustration, probably from bottling up everything since the beginning.

He needed to let it all out– wrong timing though.

"Hello? I'm still on the floor!" Jaemin yells at them whilst covering his right cheek, wincing even at the softest touch when his fingers briefly brushes on his skin.

The others who were arguing glances at the raven haired boy, Chenle then snickers earning him weird looks, "imagine someone walks in on this–"

Creak

"What the hell?!" Jisung lost count on how many times he's shown how disappointed and done he is with this situation.

He didn't wanted it to turn out this way, never even planned to. He thought they all came to an agreement that they'll handle this without anyone getting physically hurt.

But look at them now.

Mark scratches his nape whilst Donghyuck tries to hide behind Renjun and Chenle, "before you yell– it's all Donghyuck's doing." Chenle immediately tattles.

"Wait– Jeno, hold on, I promise I didn't mean to– well, I did. But like, you know..." The tanned male stammers, eyes looking everywhere but the said person.

"Can someone please tell me why the fuck Jaemin's sitting on the ground in pain while holding his cheek?!" They all wince the second Jeno yells at them.

"I know this looks like a bullying scene, but we promise it isn't–" Donghyuck spoke up behind Chenle and Renjun who roll their eyes in response.

"Then what the fuck is it?!"

"Let me do the explaining, clearly you guys are making it worse, or not really helping." Renjun sighs as he steps away from Donghyuck.