❈ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏: 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒌

"How was your date with Jeno?" Jisung snaps his head up hearing that, eyes off his English assignment and now onto Renjun.

"It wasn't a date." He sternly answers with a scoff following suit. "It is a hangout." Almost as if he's correcting Renjun's term of the occasion.

But the latter isn't dumb, he knows what's on Jisung's mind more often than not– sometimes it does creep them all out but it doesn't matter, at least Jisung can be caught at certain things.

"You're just convincing yourself it isn't, but we both know you want it to be a date." Jisung looks away at that, coughing awkwardly with his gaze flickering.

Sighing, Renjun leans forward with his chin resting on his open palm. "When will you confess to him?"

"Confess what?"

"Stop pretending to be dumb as Chenle, Jisung. You're making it seem like he's rubbing his stupidity off on you– maybe he really is." Renjun snickers.

Hearing the younger boy grunt in response, Renjun continues to knock some senses into him.

Although he'd rather do that to a certain tall raven haired boy with a wide charming smile and who is claimed to be Jeno's "best friend".

However, it may be wrong timing and he surely thinks the others want to do that all together– minus Jeno of course, due to being... Stubborn and foolish.

"You know what I mean," a soft sigh escapes his lips. "When will you tell Jeno you like him?"

The simple question still manages to make Jisung nervous, fingers fiddling with his blue pen whilst he nibbles on his lower lip.

"Jisung, come on." The elder boy urges him to speak his words out. Let him know what's he's thinking so he can at least know how to help Jisung.

"I don't know..." The younger boy finally mumbles out. Unsure of his answer.

"You know you have to tell him."

"I know." Jisung knows, he wasn't planning on bottling up his romantic feelings for Jeno until it somehow randomly disappears and he doesn't have to worry about it.

"But when?" Renjun eyes him carefully, "don't tell me you're going to wait for it to happen. To make it happen you have to work for it, do something."

Pursing his lips, he waits for Jisung to say something... But he doesn't, and that's okay. Because he knows the younger boy is actually listening quietly and taking notes of what he's saying.

He reaches for Jisung's other hand and lightly pats him on his wrist. "Please let Jeno know. Soon."

And that's when Jisung finally meets his eyes again, nodding off with a small smile.

"Don't be intimidated by Jaemin too while at it," Renjun says.

"I'm not intimidated by anyone." Jisung replies with a brow raised in question.

The elder boy chuckles a little and shakes his head. "Anyone but Jeno," feeling bad when Jisung clears his throat awkwardly.

Like he's been caught– he definitely is.

"You're scared of him rejecting you, right?"

"No." Jisung's immediate answer has Renjun blinking at him, confused with his eyebrows knitted together.

Seeing the elder boy a little taken aback by his word, he gulps and breathes out. "Jeno hyung's rejection isn't my main problem, but rather..."

"Ruining our friendship or making it awkward, or even worse, ruining his friendship with Jaemi–"

"You're dumb." Renjun cuts him off with a flat look on his face, "gosh, I knew Chenle is rubbing it off on you."

"Jisung, you're like– one of Jeno's closest friends, and don't tell Hyuck about this but he sometimes says he's jealous of you because of that." Renjun adds a little light fact in a silly tone.

Luckily it eases the tension up a bit, Jisung softly chuckling at his words. "There's no way Jeno would let that happen," he deadpans.

"Come on, I really doubt it. And if he does, it's in your mind, Sungie. Stop thinking about that low possibility when the boy you like is Lee Jeno for heaven's sake." He rants to the younger boy.

"But what if–"

"Why do you think you'd ruin his friendship with Jaemin?" Renjun gives him a weird look.

"Because... If I finally confess to him, what if it'll make things awkward with Jaemin hyung too. He can be pretty protective of Jeno hyung and I just think he'll look at me weirdly afterwards."

Listening to Jisung's explanation, Renjun couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Jisung. It's official." He announces out of the blue.

The said younger boy blinks at him but listens nonetheless on what he has to say. "You're stupid."

"Hey!"

"Jisung," Renjun flatly starts off. "Jeno's friendship with Jaemin has already been ruined– by Jaemin himself! Thanks to that dumbass, he has already hurt Jeno."

"More than anyone else could." He soon adds to his statement with a little shrug of his shoulders.

Moving his hand to Jisung's and giving it a light squeeze, Renjun flashes him a soft smile. "But I know you wouldn't hurt him."

"I'd hate myself if I did."

"Then you have no one to be intimidated by," Jisung soon cracks a smile at that.

"I'm not hoping or demanding Jeno hyung to accept me, but I just want him to know that there's someone who likes him more than just a friend." Jisung emphasizes his words.

And it's not Na Jaemin, his best friend and the boy he likes despite already gotten his heart broken by him. Jisung thinks to himself.

Renjun nods in understanding, knowing where Jisung is coming from and quietly thanking the heavens that the younger boy isn't planning on being a douchebag towards their friend.

"I'm glad you're like that, Sungie. I think Jeno would be thankful for that too." He gently tells him. "Just make sure he's not feeling obligated, you know how he is."

"I will."

"What are you two talking about? And have you seen Mark? He's supposed to help us clean the field." They both roll their eyes at the newcomer.

"He's by the library last time I saw him." Jisung briefly answers the tanned male's second question.

Haechan hums and then squints his eyes at them. "If I catch you two talking shit about me, I'll make you guys clean the field instead."

To which his two friends only wave him off as he jogs his way to find Mark, almost colliding with someone on the way– a little embarrassing but that's fine.