❈ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏: 𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑯𝒊𝒎

"What's Jaemin doing with him?" Donghyuck sassily asks, eyes glaring at the said raven haired boy while he sits beside Jeno.

They are currently outside the school buildings, occupying one of the tables that's being shaded by a big tree. Protecting them from the heat.

Jeno looks up from his MacBook, raising a brow at the tanned male beside him who seems to be judging at a particular someone by the open field.

He turns his head to the front this time and gets even more confused, "what's wrong with him talking to Felix?" Glancing at his best friend for a quick second.

Jaemin had joined some other schoolmates by the field playing soccer, hence why Donghyuck and Jeno were outside too.

Donghyuck was only there for moral support, seeing the hesitation in Jeno's movements when he watches Jaemin jog up to the group of people.

Sighing at his lovestruck and foolish friend, he felt bad and didn't really know which path he should take.

If he holds Jeno back, he'd have to deal with him sulking and whining about how he regretted not following Jaemin outside.

Although Donghyuck knows it's what's best for Jeno right now, needing some time for himself and space; away from Jaemin to sort out his romantic yet sadly unreciprocated feelings.

He's not the best at handling a stubborn Jeno alone. He's a stubborn man himself, how do you think he can help Jeno in this situation?

So with a heavy heart, he pulled Jeno along to follow Jaemin out the door, a sense of guilt in his gut as he feels like he's bringing Jeno to a dangerous zone.

I hope the others won't kill me for this. Donghyuck inwardly rambles away, not daring to look at a confused Jeno following in tow like a lost puppy.

"I don't know, Jen. It's a little weird." The tanned male replies, forefinger tapping on his can of soda in hand.

"How is it weird? he can talk to whoever he wants." Jeno breathlessly chuckles, shaking his head at Donghyuck's words.

"Well, at some point yeah." Donghyuck nods, "but they're being flirty." Boldly spitting out afterwards.

Donghyuck is someone who rarely holds back his opinions, he makes sure he gets his word out and everyone knows it.

He has no filter, he doesn't back down easily and continues to prove his point when he knows it's right.

This act of his makes him intimidating, a little troublesome at times whenever the person he's arguing with is as stubborn as him.

Having no end to their debate, needing someone else; more likely his friends, to come over and help end the unnecessary chaos.

This time however, Jeno thinks Donghyuck is wrong, an uncommon occurrence unless it's with Renjun and Jaemin.

Renjun is mostly the one arguing back, stooping up to Donghyuck's level and knowing how to push his buttons. In a good way.

Jaemin on the other hand is more calm and collected, unless Donghyuck does or says something that reaches his limit of patience.

Right now, Donghyuck isn't facing any of those people. He's facing Jeno; his naive, foolish and poor lovestruck friend he low-key feels bad for.

If what he's saying or doing, which is nothing but the truth just to make Jeno aware even the slightest bit, he'll do it.

If it's hurting him in the process, Donghyuck will just have to restrain a lot, especially when thinking about Jeno's situation of getting led on by his own best friend.

"How can you quickly assume of them being 'flirty'?" Jeno says, quoting the word with his fingers. "They could literally just be... I don't know.... Talking like friends?"

Like you and him?

Donghyuck bites the tip of his tongue for a moment, holding back a few certain words that could hurt Jeno unintentionally.

Right now isn't the time, they're at school and he's sure Jeno will react badly than he expected.

He needs the others for this. So he'll have to wait till he can say some things that can knock some sense into Jeno's poor mind and heart.

"My gut feeling is acting up again." He mumbles as Jeno barely heard him, busy eyeing his best friend at the field.

He stares at Jaemin, laughing and smiling all while as he talked to Felix, listening to whatever word the boy was spitting out from his mouth.

Jeno knows him, he shares English with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sometimes being in the same group or having to sit together in class.

Felix is a nice and sweet boy, cute freckles on his cheeks that has been quite a charm of him. Despite that cute face, he has a low voice that he uses in certain times.

Donghyuck turns away from the kids playing on the field and sighs at the daydreaming Jeno beside him.

He knows that look in Jeno's eyes, but he doesn't say anything about it as the faint voice in his head is telling him that he's done enough already.

Jeno stares at his best friend for fifteen minutes tops, Donghyuck timed on his phone.

The raven haired boy had already forgotten what he was previously doing, which was finishing some work on his MacBook.

But because of Donghyuck or Jaemin; he doesn't know which one of them to blame, his focus was put to the side.

Is it Donghyuck's fault for voicing out his suspicion on Jaemin talking to Felix?

Or is it just Jaemin himself, again? That Jeno can't snap out of the weird love daze.

Donghyuck holds back a snicker when Jeno practically jumps on his seat as a hand places on his shoulder.

"Oh, sorry hyung. Didn't mean to scare you," a low voice as the hand on his shoulder gently squeezes him.

Sighing in relief, Jeno waves the person off with a hand. "No worries, Sungie." He reassures in a quiet mumble.

Jisung looks at Donghyuck who shrugs his shoulders, "he was staring at Jaemin again."

"I was not." Jeno denies, although the growing red color on the tip of his ears are visible says otherwise.

Jisung only chuckles and takes a seat on Jeno's other side, "you should finish your work first instead of ogling at someone."

"Sungie! I wasn't!" Both him and Donghyuck roll their eyes at Jeno's whine, sighing as he pats Jeno's thigh.

Flashing him a gentle smile before the elder boy finally goes back to his unfinished work.