❈ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕: 𝑩𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

"Are you free tonight, Jeno hyung?" Jeno perks up from hearing the mention of his name.

He stills on his spot, loosely gripping on the broom while he stares at Jisung from across the room, the younger boy holding an eraser for the chalkboard; the easiest task to do in cleaning.

Both of them have been assigned to clean one of the English classrooms, it wasn't a hard task per se, so they aren't really complaining.

The room wasn't that messy when they first came in, so it kind of made spared them some time to just sweep the floor, arrange the chairs and wipe the chalkboard clean.

"I guess so, why?" He furrows his eyebrows a bit, creasing his forehead.

"Do you want to go to Mark hyung's place?" Jisung asks while finishing up what's left in his duty on the chalkboard before placing the eraser neatly on the small box.

"Uh sure, but why?" Tilting his head to the side, Jeno has completely forgotten about sweeping the floor and getting it done so they can get out of here.

"Just to hangout," Jisung shrugs his shoulders and leisurely walks over to where Jeno is before sitting on one of the desks.

"Is Jaemin coming too?" Jeno's question has Jisung frowning.

It's obvious the elder boy is having a hard time, especially with the whole "acting like nothing happened" after his situation with his crush; aka his best friend.

Jisung understands it's not that easy to be okay, even to pretend like it. Having genuine deep feelings for your best friend is normal and completely okay, but obviously it's an obstacle.

In all honesty, Jisung is mad at Jaemin too. Just like everyone else is in their friend group. However, he tries to hide it alongside with Renjun and Chenle.

It's almost the same as Jeno, putting on a mask and hiding his true feelings.

Because Na Jaemin is someone Lee Jeno doesn't want to lose. Ever.

Jeno needs Jaemin in his life, the latter has been there for him the longest and has done many things that pulls Jeno deeper into that lovestruck hole.

Renjun has shared that Jeno's mindset is probably about if he was to tell Jaemin the whole truth, it will push the elder boy away.

Because after all, Jaemin didn't react the way they expected it to be.

He laughed and looked weirded out for a minute, confused as to why Jeno said something about liking him to more than a friend.

For goodness sake, the boy literally believed Jeno's poor excuse of it being a dare Donghyuck made him do.

And now it's awkward, atleast for them it is. Because Jaemin is a hundred percent oblivious about what he's doing and what he's caused to Jeno's beating heart.

"I don't know, but I think he is. Renjun hyung told him in P.E based from what I've heard." Jisung replies in nonchalance.

Pursing his lips, Jeno ponders in thought and soon nods happily. "I'll ask him for confirmation." Smiling sweetly before going back to sweeping the floor.

He doesn't hear Jisung quietly letting out a sigh, staring at him in pity while he sits there waiting patiently for Jeno to finish.

Jisung isn't that dumb, Donghyuck had remarked a few times before. It's not just Jisung though, it's everyone in the group when he's grudging about something. So don't worry.

But yes, Jisung isn't clueless on Jeno's words.

Jeno will go if Jaemin will go.

Despite getting hurt, he still has feelings for his best friend.

And to put it quite frankly, Jisung is concerned for his already damaged heart.

"Jisung said we're all coming over to Mark hyung's place to hangout, will you be there?" Jeno stares at his best friend getting things from his respective locker.

After cleaning the English classroom, Jeno had quickly and politely excused himself to look for Jaemin whilst Jisung understood, letting him off as he went to the nearest bathroom.

Jaemin gently shuts his locker and turns to focus on the younger boy who's nothing but caught in a daze.

He chuckles, knowingly. Unbothered and just let Jeno be for a few seconds just so he can tease him afterwards when he's snapped out of it.

Unbeknownst to him, Jeno isn't just daydreaming like he says he is.

Jeno is admiring Jaemin's face as usual, always getting distracted and thinking about so many things; compliments and wonders are the top ones.

A lot of people know Na Jaemin is a handsome guy, most would like to go on about him being their ideal type.

And Jeno isn't a stranger to those. He doesn't talk about it to everyone, but he surely does when he's with his friends, minus Jaemin.

Something that Jeno would consider it to be an unfortunate bonus is that his cheeks go aflame without him even knowing.

Time passes by, it's okay. He can stare at Jaemin all day.

But with his cheeks red until his whole face down to his neck, Jeno jokes around that he doesn't think that's healthy.

"Jen." Jaemin's low voice instantly snaps Jeno out of his daze, blinking slowly to meet those mischievous dark orbs, the corners of Jaemin's eyes crinkling while he teasingly smirks.

It does things to Jeno's heart, although embarrassed, it makes him feel giddy in a way.

Jaemin can easily make him a blushing mess without trying too hard. Jeno would like to think he should get an award for that.

"What... What w-were you saying?" His voice cracks but he doesn't have time to cringe at it, because Jaemin's cooing at him the next second.

Reaching over to pinch Jeno's cheek, Jaemin's smirk widens. "Gosh, Jeno." He breathes out and steps closer for no reason.

"But yes, I'll be there. Will you?" Tilting his head to the side as his eyes slowly examine every feature of Jeno's face.

When Jeno follows his gaze and notices its set on his plump lips, he gulps. "Y-yeah," stammering nervously due to the harmless stare he's getting.

Humming, Jeno relishes the low vibrating sound from Jaemin, breath hitching when the elder boy looks up to meet his eyes again, smiling sweetly.

All Jeno could do was smile back, an awkward version as he tries his best to fight whatever urge he's getting. Knees almost giving out as his heart pounds erratically.