❈ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕

Jeno stares at himself in the mirror, eyes stinging as he held back his tears, throat dry and feels like it's all clogged up while his head is spinning.

He's hurt. And his reflection can't hide anything.

He wants to be angry and scream at a certain someone, but at the same time he doesn't.

There's a part of him blaming himself for this, for liking his best friend to the point he thought they were dating, when in reality; they never were.

He grew feelings, feelings for Na Jaemin; his best friend for a long time. Someone who he grew up with and had gone close to– to the extent of being intimate.

He's conflicted on who's at fault here, however the side of him that's blaming no one else but himself is winning over.

Too focused on spacing out as his eyes were just straight up staring at the mirror in front of him in a school bathroom, he flinches when someone barges in calling his name.

"Jeno hyung?" Snapping his head to the direction of the voice and furrows his eyebrows at the newcomer. "Are you okay?"

Seeing Jisung's worried face as the younger boy walks closer to reach out to him, Jeno instinctively steps back and wipes his face with his sleeve.

"Uhm, yeah." He croaks out, stretching his lips to form a forced smile at his friend.

Jisung frowns, not liking Jeno's state right now. "You're lying." He said with no hesitation, not missing the way Jeno's eyes flicker away from him. "What happened back there?"

The raven haired boy swallows hard, pursing his lips and replies, "I don't even know." Voice almost inaudible for Jisung to hear.

Fortunately, the younger boy got it and doesn't pester him about it anymore– for now atleast.

Instead, he looks at Jeno so softly before he pulls the elder boy into his arms. Almost immediately, Jisung can feel the shorter body trembling.

"If you want to cry, it's okay, hyung." He whispers in Jeno's ear, rubbing his slumped back while at it.

Some other students come in and out the boys' bathroom, turning their heads at the two hugging boys in confusion.

But the said two boys don't pay attention to them, for one; Jeno currently not in the best state.

Jeno shakes his head on Jisung's shoulder, "I don't want to... Atleast right now at school." Words muffled due to his position.

The younger boy nods nonetheless, hugging him tighter to somehow comfort Jeno even more. "I understand, hyung. But don't bottle it up, please." He says.

The last part manages to get a chuckle from Jeno, pulling away from Jisung's shoulder to look up at him properly.

Meeting Jeno's eyes makes Jisung unconsciously smile, but with this close proximity, it results a pinkish color on his cheeks as well.

Luckily for him, Jeno doesn't comment about it. Either he doesn't want to bother Jisung with it or he didn't notice despite how close they currently are.