Chapter 16

"How did you fly?" You asked Johnny after he narrated everything that had happened at the building during your absence. 

"I don't know. I flew a bit during the tests. But I didn't know for sure." He said. 

"So you just jumped off the building?" You asked him. 

"I had to do something. The missile was heat seeking. So I trusted my gut and took the leap of faith." Johnny said. "But I am glad you weren't here when he came. I don't know what I would have done if he did something to you." 

"I was scared when I saw him. But Mark comforted me and told me to stay behind so he won't see me." You said. 

"He did?" 

"Yeah." You said. "He just came with me when I followed you." 

"I should thank him for taking care of you." Johnny said. You hummed in response. 

"You should get some sleep. You look exhausted." You said. 

"No. It's okay. We can talk if you want." Johnny said and let out a yawn. 

"You say that and yawn?" You chuckled. 

Johnny smiled and pulled you closer to him and closed his eyes. He wanted to feel you close to himself. Like it was his responsibility to protect you. He was glad you were safe away from all the drama that happened. "Fine. Let's go to sleep." He said. 

"Don't wake me like you did yesterday. Or I swear I will tickle you to death." 

"I won't." He promised. "Good night, sweetheart." 

"Goodnight to you too, baby." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A year later.......

Johnny paced the balcony. His nerves had taken over him. He was finally going to propose you. "Calm down, kid." Ben said. 

"I can't, Ben. What if she says no?" 

"She won't. She loves you, Johnny." Ben tried to reassure him. 

"I know. But still..." Johnny trailed off. 

"Hey, stop." Ben stepped in front of him. Stopping his pace. "Stop worrying, okay? Take a deep breath." 

Johnny took a deep breath and released it. "Okay. I'm sorry. I'm just nervous." 

"Don't be." 

"Is everything ready?" Johnny asked him. 

"Yeah. I double checked everything." Ben said. 

Johnny nodded in response. He checked his watch. "She'll be here any minute." He said. 

"Okay. I'll go now. Best of luck." Ben said and exited the balcony and made his way to his bedroom. 

Johnny stayed at the balcony with Coco at his feet. "It's all up to us now, bud." He said to Coco. "We just have to wait for mommy to come."

Y/N's POV

I step into the elevator and punch in my floor. The door opened and I saw the living room completely empty. 

Looking down at the floor you saw a trail of rose petals that led to the balcony and a card was placed on top off them. 

Picking up the card you read it, 'Follow the petals.' You immediately identified the handwriting. It was Johnny. So I did what was said in the card and followed the petals. 

I saw the balcony lit up with candles and fairy lights. I saw Coco sitting in the balcony with a small board hanging in his neck. I got closer and read it. 

I gasped when I read the small board. 'Will you marry my daddy?" 

I bent down and scratched behind his ears. "Of course I will, baby. But where is your daddy?" I asked Coco. 

"Y/N." I heard Johnny's voice from behind me. Turning around I saw Johnny on one knee, wearing a suit. "I know it's only been a year since we started dating but I knew you were the one for me when I first saw you at the coffee shop." He paused. "Oh god. I forgot. Shit. I totally suck at this." He said removed the box from his pocket and opened it, revealing the beautiful ring inside. "So, Y/N Richards, will you marry me and make me the happiest man on earth?" 

I put my hands on my mouth as tears filled my eyes. "Yes." I managed to choke out. "I will marry you." You said and walked over to him. Johnny stood up and wrapped his arms around you. 

"I love you so much, sweetheart." He said. 

"I love you too." I said. Johnny pulled away and removed the ring and put it on my finger. It was a perfect fit. "It's beautiful, Johnny." I said. 

"I knew you'd like it." Johnny said and pulled you close again. Both of us leaned towards each other. Our lips brushed against each other when Coco jumped between us. Johnny groaned and bent down, "For once don't disturb us." He said to Coco. "Go inside, I will give you your treat soon." Hearing the word 'treat' Coco barked and ran inside. "Finally, no more disturbance." Johnny said and kissed me. 

I pulled away from Johnny, "When did you plan all of this?"

"I've been planning this for about a month." Johnny said. "I wanted it to be perfect." Johnny said leaning his forehead against mine.

"Aww, Johnny. You're going to make me cry." I said with a chuckle.  

"Oh no. Don't cry please." Johnny said. 

"I won't." I said. "I love you." 

"I love you too, baby." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more chapter remaining!!