Chapter 6

You woke up the next morning on your bed, the blankets were pulled up to your shoulders. How did I end up her?

You got up and went to your bathroom. Completing you morning routine, you went down to the kitchen. Reed was as usual making breakfast for the two of you. "Good morning, Reed." 

"Hey, Y/N. How you doing?" He said flipping the pancake. 

"Reed, did you take me to my room last night? I remember I fell asleep on the couch." You said removing  plates for you and Reed. 

"Johnny did. Not me." He said. 

I turned and looked at him in confusion, "Johnny?" 

"Yeah. I insisted I would take you, but he just picked you up and went to your room." Reed said finishing the pancakes and placing them on the plates. "So, are you going to work today?"

"Unfortunately. I have a few consultations and a small surgery." You said cutting into your pancakes. 

"I'll drop you." He said.

"You going somewhere?" 

"Yeah. Sue wants to go out." Reed said. 

"Well have fun. I'm gonna go get ready for work." You said finishing your breakfast. 

-----------------------------------------------

"Good morning, Y/N." Your receptionist greeted you. 

"Morning to you too, Stacey." You greeted. 

"Okay, so you have a consultation first and then a surgery of the cute little husky and consultation after consultation till six before you go home." Stacey let out a breath after telling you your schedule for the day. "How do you do all this?" 

Shrugging your shoulders you said, "I don't know." You smiled. "Is Mark here yet?" 

"In his room."

"Okay. Bye." You said and made your way to your office. Settling down you looked over the files of your patients and started working.  After your a consultation you made your way to Mark's office. He was your best friend since you guys met in college. Opening his door you greeted him. "Hey, partner. You ready?" 

"Yeah. Let' go." He said.

"How's Jenny doing?" 

"She's fine. Her hormones are going crazy as the baby grows." He said chuckling. "She gone mad on me for snoring loudly."

"Anyone would get mad for that." You said. "I'm so happy for you guys. I wish I can get someone like you." You said side hugging him. 

Mark flung his arm around your shoulder, "Of course you will. You deserve the world." He said. "Who was the guy that came yesterday?" 

"He's my boyfriend." You said and blushed slightly. 

"And you didn't tell me?" He said putting a hand over his heart. "You hurt my poor little heart."

"Shut up." You said entering the operation theatre. "Where's our little hero?" You said looking at the little husky puppy in his owner's arms. "There you are." You picked him up. 

"He'll be okay, right?" The owner asked. 

"Of course. He'll be great, don't worry." Mark said and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Okay." She said and kissed the puppy in my hands. "I'll see you soon, buddy. Bye." She said and left the room. "Let's get to work." 

-----------------------------------------------------

After completing work you made your way towards the Baxter Building. Turning around the corner you stopped abruptly. You started shaking as you looked at the person standing in front of you. "Victor..." 

He gripped your arm and pulled you into the alley. "How dare you leave me like that? Huh?" He yelled at you.

"Victor, let go of me!" You held his hand that gripped your shoulder, trying to remove it - but to no avail. "Victor, please!" You yelled again. 

Victor pushed you against the wall, "You're mine. You can't just break up and leave like that!" 

"Victor..." You whispered as his grip on you tightened.  "Please, let go of me." 

"Hey!" You heard a voice from beside you. You looked to your right and saw Johnny standing there. He walked towards you and twisted Victor's arm. "Let her go."

"Stay away, you asshole. This has nothing to do with you." Victor said. 

Johnny looked at you, "Is he troubling you?" He asked. You nodded in response. "Looks like is my problem." Johnny looked back towards Victor, his hand still gripped Victor's arm. "Looks like it is my problem. No one abuses a woman like that." Johnny released his hold on Victor, "Now get going." 

Victor looked at Johnny and went to punch him, but Johnny dodged it easily, landing his own. Victor fell to the ground holding his jaw in his hand. "Stay away from her." Johnny said to him.

"You'll regret this, Y/N." Victor said as he got up and wiped the blood from his mouth and walked away. 

Johnny turned towards you, "You okay?" He said. "Baby?" He asked again when you didn't respond. 

"Y-Yeah. I'm okay." You said and hugged Johnny. "Thank you." 

He wrapped his arms around you and rubbed your back. "It's okay, sweetheart." He kissed your hairs. "Shall I walk you home?" He said pulling back. 

"Yeah." You said and the two of you started walking towards Baxter Building. 

"Come on." Johnny said putting an arm around your shoulder. "You sure okay?" He asked again. 

"Yeah. I just want to go home." You said. 

----------------------------------------------

Johnny and you reached home and were greeted by Reed, "Hey, munchkin. How was work?" He said and looked at you, wrapped in Johnny's arm. "Everything okay?" He asked you. 

"V-Victor he....he..." You trailed off. 

Reed reached out and pulled you in his arms, "I'm so sorry, munchkin. You okay?" 

"I'm fine, Reed. Johnny helped me." You pulled away. "I'm gonna go take a shower." You said and walked upstairs to your room. 

 "What happened?" Reed said as soon as you were out of ear shot. 

"I was going to see her at the clinic, but then I heard someone shouting. I went to see and saw Victor had her against the wall in the alley." Johnny explained. "And then I approached them and helped her. Had to hit him once." He said and shrugged. 

"Thanks Johnny." Reed hugged him. "Thank you for helping her."

"It's okay." Johnny said. "I'm gonna go check on her." Johnny said and went upstairs to your room.