Seventeen.

Waking up earlier than Catherine seemed more like an impossible mission until it was done. Of course, she wasn't quite pleased with the fact that I hadn't informed her last night that I wanted to make breakfast but this wasn't exactly a planned thing. I felt bad for what happened last night and I wanted to make up for it.

With the kitchen to myself, I got to cooking up a storm. I made some French toast and bacon, put out some muesli and yogurt and got the coffee machine going.

Justin eventually came down the stairs in his pyjamas, his face pale and his eyes wide open. When his eyes landed on me, he let out a deep breath and ran his hand through his hair.

"I thought..." He whispered.

"Good morning." I gave him a warm smile.

"W-Where's Catherine?"

"I asked her if I could make us breakfast this morning. She'll be around at lunch." I said, "Coffee?"

"What's going on, Dileah? I... I woke up and you weren't there so..."

"I'm just trying to make up for yesterday."

"Dileah..."

"I'm sorry, Justin. I feel bad for how things turned out-- the things I said..."

"Don't feel bad. I had to hear it."

"No." I shook my head. "It was selfish and unfair to you and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for almost breaking my promise to never leave you. I'll wait for you, just like you waited for me to find myself, and... I will help you carry the weight of the sky."

Justin looked at me for a moment before slowly walking towards me.

"I'm sorry, Justin."

"No, we needed to talk about it." He stood in front of me and stroked my cheek. "And you were right about a lot of things so I'll try for you. To be better."

I looked into his eyes and smiled slightly.

"I love you, Justin."

He gave me a gentle kiss and held me in his arms for a moment.

"I never want to lose you, Dileah. I'd do anything for you; anything to make you smile." He stroked my hair.

"You'll try." I whispered.

"For you."

"And I'll wait."

Justin kissed the top of my head.

"You gotta work today?" I looked up at him.

He pouted his lips and nodded.

I frowned.

"Okay. But... Fill up on the breakfast I made because I woke up before Catherine and she wakes up really early." I said.

"You're not going to the home today?" Justin stroked my hair again.

I shook my head.

"I wanted to take a day or two off. To breathe. I figured being around all those cute little kids triggered my outburst yesterday so..."

"How about I get to the office quickly to run some errands and then we can do whatever you want in the evening? You'll have me all to yourself at night." Justin smiled slightly.

"I wanted you all day but fine, Mr Bieber." I pouted.

"That sounds suggestive." He grinned.

I shrugged nonchalantly and went to pour his coffee.

"Dileah, don't make me choose between a day with you and work." Justin whined.

"Go to work, Justin." I smiled.