The Invitation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are cordially invited to the wedding of Cory Brown and Dayna Simmons

Date ~ December 22nd
Time ~ 2:00pm
Venue ~ The Chicago Crystal Garden
Theme: Love with Holiday Blossom
Dress Code: White/Nude/Red
{All guest are allowed a plus one}

We are happy to have you attend and join us on our special day.
For Love conquers all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning beautiful, whats that?"

"Its a wedding invitation from back home"

"Where ? Chicago?" Damien asked, wrapping his arms around my waist as I stood at our front door reading the letter.

"Yeah, but its my ex and an old friend of mine"

"Your ex and your friend are getting married?"

"I guess so. Its weird that they would even invite me, I haven't spoken to them in years"

"Whats her name?"

"Dayna...."

"Oh, Ive never heard you speak of her, just the other girl, Chelsea. How is she?"

"Shes... I dont know" I shrugged

"Have you ever reached out?"

"Damien, its been almost eight years. What exactly am I reaching out for?"

"Um, an old friend. A bestfriend, from the way you've spoken about her, you two were really close"

"The last time I spoke to her was at prom and that was many many many years ago"

"What about graduation?"

"I didnt stay for it, everything was shipped over here to Carolina. My dad found us a house in no time and we just followed him here"

"Well you're going to see her either way"

"You know She actually dated the grooms brother"

"Sounds messy to me"

"It was, he really did her dirty. He always cheated and mistreated her. After I left, word was he had a baby on her"

"What?"

"Yeah.... I was so tempted to reach out to her, but I still was healing myself. I couldn't take on anyone else's burden"

"Babe, its been far too long, you should reach out"

"Im gonna be late for work, I have three appointments this morning. Symone over booked Dr Brooks and I so we have to tag team our patients to get them out of there as fast as possible"

"Shes always doing that, why don't your boss just fire her?"

"Because shes a really good friend and we love her" I said giving him a kiss.

"We have to talk"

"About?"

"You know what" he said and I knew what he was talking about, I just was playing dumb.