come a little closer

::::::

somehow, i know i'll find you there
ooh, you wanna see if you can change it
change it

- come a little closer : cage the elephant

::::::

(this chapter is relevant to chapter 1 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2017

y/n and chifuyu were sat at the dining table eating breakfast like every morning lately. the tv played quietly in the background for entertainment.

the couples heads suddenly turned to the screen with curiosity when the tokyo manji gang, chifuyu's gang, was mentioned.

the reporter spoke about two people who had been killed in an accident caused by the gang. images of a truck smashed into a building flashed across the screen

"oh my god, that's awful..." y/n said and turned to chifuyu sadly.

"i wish i could just leave the gang, but they could come after us..." he hung his head, knowing they've already been over this. even if it was shameful to admit, he was scared of kisaki. he couldn't help but think that if he, a member of toman proven to be useful, left... well, the boss might just get pissed, and, i don't know, kill his wife?

"...those two are 25 year old tachibana naoto," the reporter continued, and y/n listened intently. she knew that name somewhere, it was so familiar. her mind just couldn't add a face, even though it was on the tip of her tongue. 

"and 26 year old tachibana hinata" y/n suddenly remembered the sweet girl she had known in school. 

"hey fuyu... remember when i told you about my friend takemichi from school?" she turned to her husband.

"mhm..." chifuyu didn't know where this was coming from.

"i think that's his ex-girlfriend..." she pointed at the tv. chifuyu frowned solemnly, hating the fact he was involved in toman.

"i should give him a call... we haven't really talked since high-school. i hope he's alright after hearing about hinata." y/n said.

she fished her phone from her pocket and found takemichi's number.

he picked up on the third ring, and he sounded quite distracted.

"u-uh, hi, who's this?" he stammered.

"hey takemichi, it's y/n."

"y/n? i haven't talked to you in ages... i- uh- how are you?" he looked for the right words.

"more importantly, how are you..? i was just watching the news with my husband and we heard about hinata..." y/n said with uneasiness. she hadn't thought about what she would have to say if he hadn't heard yet. she didn't think of herself as qualified to tell someone that a person they love died.

"uh... yeah, actually i- wait you have a husband?!" he was a little surprised he didn't know, and kind of forgot about what was going on for a second.

y/n chuckled and looked over to chifuyu, who looked back with a smile.

"yeah, his names chifuyu, chifuyu matsuno. i don't think you've met him."

"no... i don't think i have." takemichi silently wondered why he wasn't invited to the wedding, but he didn't ask.

a few moments passed with silence, so y/n went back to why she called in the first place.

"i'm really sorry about hinata, takemichi..." y/n said sincerely.

"yeah... thanks y/n."

"hey, maybe we could catch up sometime. i'll introduce you to chifuyu." y/n smiled at the thought of her husband meeting one of her childhood best-friends.

"yeah, that would be nice. i'll give you a call."

"okay, bye takemichi."

"bye" they hung up.

"fuyu, we're gonna catch up with takemichi soon, he wants to meet you."

chifuyu smiled at his wife, "can't wait."

:::::