Chapter 16

We made our way back home with the box in hand and laughing. "So when did you even start working in the day care?" I asked him. " Well, after I turned 16 I got the job." He smiled. "That was also when I moved in. I got a home, free food, and all I had to do was take care of kids which I already loved to do." He smiled. " So I won every way, though now that I've moved out I guess they will have to pay me..." He said, but I didn't worry to much. "What you're saying is that I should have fallen down that slide over a year ago?" I asked making him chuckle. "Yeah, it would have been nice." He said kissing my cheek.

I was surprised it took that long to find the daycare, but glad I found it. "So how did you even fall into the daycare?" He asked me. "I know you said you slipped but-" I cut him off. " I was exploring and I guess I blocked the slide while looking in and a kid kinda pushed me in..." I said slightly embarrassed a kid over powered me. "I'm just now hearing about a kid pushing you into a slide?" He asked jokingly. I bumped into him smiling. "Oh hush! I wasn't expecting to be thrown to my doom in a ball pit!" I said dramatically.

"Then again it wasn't really doom since I met the cutest person there." I smiled unlocking the door. He was blushing again as we walked up to my room. I set the box down and started to place things into a neat pile. "Where should I put these?" He asked sitting next to me. " You're clothes can go in the top drawer and closet, pictures on the empty wall, and we can find a place for the stuffed animals before we do some redecorating." I said smiling. "Alright! I'll take care of my clothes! Wait... redecorating?" He asked. "Yeah, I was thinking we could hang up some things I've been hanging on to... " I said trying not to reveal to much. That got him working quickly. I started to hang up the childish works of art that Sunny had loved so much on the wall.

We decided to just leave the plushies in the box till we found the right place for them and I headed to my desk and pulled out some lights and glow in the dark stars. "What's that?" Sunny asked peeking over my shoulder before realizing what they were. "Are we putting those up?" He asked excited. I nodded. "We're gonna place them on the walls and ceiling." I smiled and grabbed out some pins for the lights. "You want to unravel these as I put them up?" I asked. "Yeah!" He started to make sure they didn't tangle as I put them up. He started to help with the lights once they were all straightened out.

We finished and I looked at them. " You're gift is done..." I said looking at it. "My gift?" He asked. "Well I was gonna do this the next time you came over so then you could enjoy the lights like they are stars, but now that you're moving in, now just seemed right." I explained. Sunny picked up the stars. "What about these?" He asked. "A gift for Moon." I admitted. He handed me the stars. "Does he come out a lot?" Sunny asked as I started to open the stars. "Not really, but when he does I talk to him till he makes me go to sleep, so I thought it would be nice to get him some stars." I explained sticking the sticky tack on the stars. "You like him just as much as me, don't you?" He asked. "I do, you two are both so nice, and you're both my friends." I told him.

He just smiled. "Here, get on my shoulders! you can reach the ceiling then!" He said getting down for me. "Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you." I said. "Yeah! I'm strong, I can handle it!" I got on to his shoulders and he lifted me up. I wobbled a bit but steadied myself quickly. He started handing me stars and moving so I could put them on the ceiling. On the last star I looked down at him as he looked up at me. "How's it feel having to look up to someone?" I joked and he just looked at me. "Like I'm staring at an ancient deity..." He said making me blush. He gentle set me down.

"Why ya got to be such a sweet heart?" I asked hiding my face. "Because I love you, and you deserve to hear all the nice things!" He smiled and hugged me. I uncovered my face and smiled. "There's that pretty smile I love so much!" He said causing me to smile more. "Oh stop..." I said no longer hiding my flustered state. He kissed my cheek. "But you're so kissable!" He smiled letting me go. "But anything for you sweetheart." I thanked him and looked around.

"So what now?" I asked, tired from the work from today. "We can watch movies and cuddle." Sunny said catching on to my tiredness. "That would be great!" I said and he smiled. I grabbed the tv remote as he sat on the bed. I took a seat in his lap and started to look for a movie. I turned on Encanto for the first time and Sunny held me as we watched. Movies like these, ones with a mother in them always made me wonder what it was like to have a mom. Though I knew finding my birth parents was out of the question due to two reasons, the thought still crossed my mind.

"What's it like?" I blurted out not thinking. "What's what like, sunshine?" He asked looking down at me. I didn't know why I let it out of my head, but I couldn't turn back now. "To have a mom..." He just pulled me closer to him. "It's like..." He started thinking. " Warm hugs on a rainy day, the perfect ice cream pop from an ice cream truck, bedtime stories with the sweetest endings, never fearing if you're alone because she's there for you, knowing you're loved and always feeling it in your heart, it's always having someone who will hang up your art or report card proudly because she loves you and is proud of you, it's a bandaid and a kiss to heal a scraped knee..." He told me.

I closed my eyes to imagine it. "Do you now want to look for your mom?" He asked me. "No... I was in an orphanage for a reason, she's either dead or didn't want me, so I can accept that, but I still wish I knew what the people on tv felt like with their moms." I told him. I felt one of his arms let go of my and he moved me to be sideways on his lap. I opened my eyes and he had a finger in between my eyebrows. He slowly went down to my noes and then to the side of it. "What are you doing?" I asked confused. "When I was younger, my mom always traced my face, and so I thought maybe I can use her love for me to let someone else feel a mothers love." He said stopping for a minute. "Is it making you uncomfortable? I can stop if you want." He offered. "No! No! Please... please don't stop..." I said and he continued. "Anything for you my sunflower." As he continued I slowly started to fall asleep in his arms. I was out in no time.

(1/13/22)

So I don't know if there will be a chapter tomorrow or not. I know I'll try but I have to go to my dad's house for the weekend (sadly not Freddy's...) , and if I stay at a place there's no wifi then I don't know if I can write, but I'll try. That and I'm not sure about Saturday because I want to visit my grandma and just talk to her (I'll make sure to dress warm no worries!), but I should be back to write some! Sunday, I'mma try and write a chapter as well but as said I'm not sure due to not knowing if I'll have time, but I'll try! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and tell me, what's your favorite memory with your mom? Mine has to be... well to be honest I don't remember but if I do I'll put it in the comments!

~NBCreeper