Chapter Nineteen : More About Me

Y/N had been walking around town for a little bit, stumbling upon Travis and his boat. Apparently he was making preparations and let Y/N on the boat early.

She chose to sit on the edge of the boat to stay out of his way.

She looked in her satchel, finding the book on possession, the only thing she had to keep herself entertained.

Sighing, she just puts it back and stares intently at the ocean.

At least she was clean, since while they were all asleep, she had cleaned herself. Her hair needed a lot of attention as well.

She ran her hand through her still drying hair. Eventually, everyone had come into the boat, Travis setting sail back to Phoenix Drop to return the kids.

While everyone was at the back, Y/N was with the kids, giggling and playing with them. Something she often liked doing with Nekoette, playfully swinging her around, she was able to do it with Dimitri as well.

They were all having fun, Laurance catching himself staring at her often. She was great with kids. He watched as she picked up both of the giggling kids, tossing them over her shoulder. "Flying," was apparently what they were doing.

Eventually Y/N got tired and decided to let them play on their own. Their idea of playing was chasing each other around in a circle. No wonder they seemed to have more fun playing with Y/N, even though they were still having fun.

Y/N watched them with a soft smile on her face, Laurance just looked at her with such adoration. Even Aphmau caught onto it, asking him, "Laurance?" She had snapped him out of his thoughts, and he turned toward Aphmau.

"Yes?"

Aphmau smiles, enjoying seeing one of her best friends happy. "You should really try talking to her about your feelings.." She looks down at her hands, "While you can."

Thinking about Garroth and her conflicting feelings, she sees Laurance. "Aphmau, I'd love to, but Ophelia isn't ready to talk about it.. I don't want to pry and push. I'm sure when she's ready.. she'll talk to me.."

Aphmau nods her head in understanding, staring out into the sea.

Laurance.. is very honest with himself. Yes he was known as the Casanova of Meteli, but that doesn't mean he didn't want a serious relationship.

For a while, he had liked Aphmau, but looking back at it, it was more harmless flirting.

With Y/N it was different, she was different. He didn't just flirt with her. He told her about him, not only trying to win her over with his sense of humor, but his personality.

What she didn't know was that she won him over completely.

The way she laughs, her smile, the way she cares for the people around her. Heck, the girl was about to marry someone if it meant that her friends would be safe. Not only was he proud of her, he loved her.

He just knew it.

The stress of not knowing whether or not she felt the same way irritated him a bit. But he was willing to wait as long as it takes.

Y/N on the other hand wasn't really thinking about anything. Her mind went blank a little after she had stopped playing with the kids. She sat there for the rest of the trip, leaning back on her hands. She was kind of tired but she's gone longer without sleeping. Since, y'know, the girl got chased for years.

Either way, they made good time, getting to Phoenix Drop in no time. Y/N was the first to hop off, quickly hugging Dante who returned the hug, patting her head before she ran off.